My first trip to the track

busa_bill

Life - tastes like chicken!
Donating Member
Registered
Since the ’06 is all stock, I had a feeling that it would be better suited to a ¼ track. My first track day with the bike was on an 1/8 though.
Number 2 son had his ’05 Busa, and number 1 son had his ’98 FZR.
I’ve done allot of drag racing over the years, but never on a bike. This was a whole new deal.
My 60’ stank of rotten eggs to the tune of 2.26, 2.04, 2.03
ET was 7.8, 7.34 and 7.32
MPH was 103, 106 and 108
I gotta learn how to launch a bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In car numbers, a 108 MPH for a 7.3 ET is a damn good MPH. It indicates the motor is pulling hard on the top end.
Also on a car, you can take your 1/8 time and multiply by 1.57 giving you a real good idea what you will do in the ¼.
Just guessing, but I don’t think that rule applies here because that would work out to an 11.46 for my best run.
I compare the pull of this bike to a Mustang I had that ran 10.3
If I can only get off the line!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!

Had a great time. The track stuck good.
Next time we will run ¼ where I know a stock Busa is better suited.
Maybe I’ll pick-up some much needed launching skilz in the interim.

Later - Bill

My first time on my busa I had like a 1.9 60' and ran a 10.7. I was just getting a feel for the track and not launching hard. Just practice and it will come down.

Yeah, you cant really expect a whole lot for your first time racing a bike at the track. There is an art to launching those beasts, especially on a stock wheelbase. You'll get those times down though. I have a friend with a bone stock Busa and he has been to the track prolly 5 times now. He is running 6.7's to 6.8's at like 111mph in the eighth.

Yeah, you cant really expect a whole lot for your first time racing a bike at the track. There is an art to launching those beasts, especially on a stock wheelbase. You'll get those times down though. I have a friend with a bone stock Busa and he has been to the track prolly 5 times now. He is running 6.7's to 6.8's at like 111mph in the eighth.
im stock wheelbase, stock motor.  running 116 in the 1/8th and 145 in 1/4

been to the track 9 times

<!--EDIT|crew illogic
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155257838 -->

Your math is actually correct. My first trip top the 1/4 mile I ran a 2.1 60' - 7.11 to the 1/8th and finished @ 130 mph running 11.30's Your math is pretty close to real numbers. Haven't raced much since then but did manage to get a 1.9 60' a few weeks ago. I have since changed the front sprocket down a tooth and extended her 4" . My ET's should improve
wink.gif

The secret is in the launch. I need to take a few pills to make my balls turn to brass and just hammer the friggin thing! Alas, I don't like the mental image of launching then looping! It's still a thrill havin' her full throttle Though!

My first time on the track I ran a 11.4 in the 1/4.  I had a hard time keeping the frontend down, actually I enjoyed keeping the front wheel up for a few seconds then open her up.  Lil more practice I get a betta time, a few friends ran there's and got like 10.6 10.8 but both were stretched like 6" plus full exhaust and pcIII, I'm bone stock with some pretty accessories. Oh yeah I also had the other riders by like 70lbs and I was so excited I forgot to shift a few mistakes but hey it was my first time

<!--EDIT|EJosh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155281736 -->

Thats impressive numbers crew for a stock wheelbase and limited seat time.

My first time on the track I ran a 11.4 in the 1/4.  I had a hard time keeping the frontend down, actually I enjoyed keeping the front wheel up for a few seconds then open her up.  Lil more practice I get a betta time, a few friends ran there's and got like 10.6 10.8 but both were stretched like 6" plus full exhaust and pcIII, I'm bone stock with some pretty accessories. Oh yeah I also had the other riders by like 70lbs and I was so excited I forgot to shift a few mistakes but hey it was my first time
my first time at the track consisted of a

Thats impressive numbers crew for a stock wheelbase and limited seat time.
thanks, just been practicin and askin ?'s to anyone willin to help. a big help is to get a race seat or if ya cant afford it just take it off. 60' times will fall and et will jump.

I don't want to even tell you guys what I ran the first time.  All I can say is practice, practice, practice!!!!
that is the truth launchmaster. everyone around here has the fastest bike ever, just ask them
race.gif
i tell them im just tryin to learn and get better. 90 % of the time i beat them.
just from practicing and getting more consistent.

Back