My first attempt at drag racing

Professor

Hayabusa Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
I decided to go to the race track today. Weather was perfect! I decided that if I could get it into the 10s, I’d be happy. (I did set a goal of 10.50s). Stock wheelbase with a pilot power, stock gear, Yosh 4-2-1, PC, lowered 1 inch.  First pass was a 10.933/129.81 Best times were:

r/t     .018
60’   1.835
330’ 4.636
1/8   6.885
MPH 109.06
1000 8.871
¼      10.551
MPH 138.18

I’m happy with it. The 138.18 was on the rev limiter in 3rd.
wow.gif
I’ll get it ready for spring. Shift light, 16t countershaft, front strap, rear dog bones for another inch. Maybe think about a clutch mod. I’ll for sure have to work on the launch. I just wasn’t comfortable launching it much harder my first time out.

<!--EDIT|Professor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131342173 -->

Profesor,pat yourself on the back cause most can't accomplish what you did for a first timer.You will find the sweet spot and you will dip right into the 9's with some practice and a few light mods.When your ready to do the bike up hit me up and i will put you a nice little drag pack together that will save ya a few dollars for some extra gate fees.

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131346111 -->

GoldenChild thanks for the good words.

I read through the tips here and attempted to put it to use. There was at least 3 other Busas out there that were making mistakes that I was able to avoid due to information here. I tried to not set any unrealistic goals. My main goal was to have fun and see if I thought I'd enjoy it. I’ll shoot for knocking off a tenth each trip until (hopefully) I can make a sub-10 pass. I’m sure the bike is capable, I just have to work on my skills to put it there. I want to keep the stock wheelbase so I think that will be my limiting factor. But who knows………

<!--EDIT|Professor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131422551 -->

Always remember anything is possible the only limiting factor is yourself and how much you really want it.Take your time it will come naturally.

Yep...good job Professor. Lots of us "newbies" at the strip this year. It will get addictive to try and break the 9 sec barrier. Like Goldenchild said..the bike is capable....it comes down to the rider and basically the first 60'.

Back