Metzeler Sportec M-1 190/50ZR17 (P) Spec

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
Got 2800 miles out of the rear battleaxe so decided to replace it with the Metzeler Sportec M-1 190/50ZR17 (P) Spec. But not until a sick burn out to finish off the old Bridgestone. Sorry no pics, was by myself.
firedevil.gif

Anyway, measured the factory Battleaxe to be 197 and the M-1 (P) to be the exact same width @ 197. Not sure if the non (P) spec is any diff in size but the Metzeler guy was wrong on this issue. He said it measured out to a true 190.

So the debate about the size at least is over, but let the performance debate continue. I will update with my opinion after I have ridden it for awhile. Not that anyone will be shopping based on my feedback, but can be added to the mix of views anyway.
thumbs-up.gif

163.59 shipped to my door, about 4 days service.
smile.gif

I've got the M1's also. Love the sure grip. This tire really bites. I'm still getting used them.

Brian

Got the P-spec on the front of my Busa and can't wait to replace the bridgestone back...

loving it...

Yeah I think I will put the same on the front to match...just hate to get rid of a perfectly good front tire. Guess I will just have to ride harder.
wink.gif

What kinda mileage from the M1's?
Can't answer you just yet Kent. I just put mine on about a couple weeks ago. Honestly, you can feel the difference in the ride as compared to the Battlax's. So far, I am very satisfied. I've had a few riding buddies who swear by the M1's, and their testimony is that they've worn better than other tires they've tried. One sworn testimony is from a racer buddy of mine who has run them on his R1 and Gixxer1000. No testimony of their longevity on the Busa though. I'm the first in my group with Metzelers on the Busa. Just met a guy about a week ago who is running the Avon's on his ZX12. I've also heard nothing but good things about Avon's also.

Brian

I just got a set of M1s from parts411. 204 + shipping. So far I love em. I definately like them more than my old pilots, and they are cheaper. So I expect they will not have great mileage. the word is 1500-2000 range (on the rear) depending on how you ride of course.

I get about 2500 to 3000 miles out of the M1s. I've been running the Dunlop 208s for the last two sets, but I'm going back to the Metzelers, I like the grip and the handling much better.

In the mode of the tire, what do you guys think or know about the new Maxxis tire. They seemed to price lower, but they're new, so I was thinking they were just trying to get in the market. I do know you get what you pay for, but sometimes there are bargains. Any feedback is great, will be getting this week in preparation for Myrtle Beach.

Back