went from BG010 200 to M-1 190 P-Spec

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
After my flat tire, I decided to go with the M-1 190 P-Spec for its ability to sustain heat at high speeds... (they don't make a p-spec in the 200 size)

This is my first 190 tire and I am not really sure I like it. It may be too early to make a decision, but it definetly seems to feel different for me. I don't thik the bike feels quite as stable as it did with the 200. I know many have said you won't notice the difference, but I think I am noticing it... I will keep you posted.

For those that think the p-spec 190 is really a 197MM... I don't think it is; After looking at it for a while, I think it definetly looks skinnier then my bg 200 did.

Anyway... I will keep you posted, I haven't had her out to the twisties yet, I have just been trying to break-in the tire, but I will this weekend.

Anyone have both for a period of time that wants to give their two cents on this? Is it the tire or is it just me...
rock.gif

Cloud

The P-spec is a 197 which is the exact same size as the factory battle axe. I measured both. I like the M-1 so far better than the battle axe. Can't speak to wear yet as I havn't had it long enough, hopefully on par or better than the original. I have had the bike leaned over much farther than before and it feels better. She is now scrubed in all the way to the edge. I think I almost pissed myself getting the tire all the way to the edge, 120mph around a 40mph indicated.
wow.gif
By the way, the pegs did not scrap but my shoe did.
rock.gif
WTF due you have to do to get the pegs scrapin?
rock.gif

rock.gif

of course the 200 is going to feel more stable in high speeds vs the 190. you have more rubber contact with the 200. you'll be fine with the 190. it will go through the twistied a hole lot better than the 200.

my .02

alright guys... I will postpone judgement for a while and keep an open mind on this. I definetly have not had the chance to get her out to see how it handles in the twisties

Back