Metzeler Tire Company

Tio Loco

Donating Member
Registered
I want to know what is the big secret about the Sportec M1-P vs. the regular Sportec M1. All I get generic BS!! No specifications about what makes it different. I know other members have stated some differences but Metzeler refuses verify any of them.

From Metzeler: “We offer special tires for the Hayabusa as do most tire companies and these P spec tires are listed on the fitment guide on the home page. I do not know of a ad that we published stating anything about a P spec M-1. The final point is we offer only one set of tires for a Hayabusa and have for 3 plus years and these are P spec front and rear M-1. Thank you for your interest in our company and products. Best Regards. Customer Service US Metzeler MOTOâ€￾ (WTF?)

I’m beginning to think the “Pâ€￾ spec is “BSâ€￾. All I want “from Metzelerâ€￾ is what is difference between the Sportec M1 and the Sportec M1-P. That should be easy don't you think.

I think Metzeler produces a fine product and I have used them exclusively on all my bikes for the last 7 years. It just burns me that the 1 time in 7 years I have a question they can't answer it?

several threads have been out on this...and the spec PDF you can get from the Metzler page also explains it very well too.

If someone is giving you generic answers, it's cause they do not know the correct information.

wink.gif

several threads have been out on this...and the spec PDF you can get from the Metzler page also explains it very well too.

If someone is giving you generic answers, it's cause they do not know the correct information.

wink.gif
Hay I started the question back a week go.

Moondog and Revlis both made separate new topic posts after my initial post and I thank them for their answers. I want Metzeler to provide the specifications on the regular M1 vs. the M1-P. So far they won’t step up. I have the PDF your talking about all it mentions is a Nylon Fiber for higher horsepower bikes. That’s hardy a definitive answer. I want to know facts here because when I play above 180mph I want to know exactly whats holding me up. Hay if its posted on metzelers site please send a link cause I don't see it.

wink.gif
Hay I started the question back a week go.

Moondog and Revlis both made separate new topic posts after my initial post and I thank them for their answers. I want Metzeler to provide the specifications on the regular M1 vs. the M1-P. So far they won’t step up. I have the PDF your talking about all it mentions is a Nylon Fiber for higher horsepower bikes. That’s hardy a definitive answer. I want to know facts here because when I play above 180mph I want to know exactly whats holding me up. Hay if its posted on metzelers site please send a link cause I don't see it.
yeah...and i did this more than 2 months ago... I think my discussion was mostly with ohmslaw...maybe... do a search on my posts...it's there somewhere.

no biggie.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138056006 -->

frankly if you are looking for a decent sport touring tire....get the Metzler roadtec z6 or the Avon touring ones.... both are top notch.
I was looking my my now 4 month old m1 and I am not too optomistic about it's longevity....but I do mostly 2-up riding with a combined weight near 375lbs .....400+ with gear.

When I called the contact # on the website and left a message, the guy that called me back identified himself as a tech with the R&D department, some sort of engineer....he definately told me that the "p" series had an additional belt.

When I called the contact # on the website and left a message, the guy that called me back identified himself as a tech with the R&D department, some sort of engineer....he definately told me that the "p" series had an additional belt.
Now there you go that’s what I’m talking about. If it has an extra belt why doesn’t Metzeler just say so? Heck I think that would help sell the tire. I just want to know from Metzeler themselves what the difference between the two tires are and back it up by posting it on their web site. Extra Belt, Nylon Fibers crap Metzeler whats the big secret?

Back