Tires

drinka.gif

director.gif

jump9.gif

most tires don't last on the busa. I've gone though the bt56s (stock got 5k) then 014s got 2700 miles then m1's took them off after 1200 miles cause then spun like a politian flipflops. Then I put on the diablo corsas lasted 2500 miles but failed terribly at the end. I then did a bunch of track days so I actually used the 002s from the track on the street for a bit (makes me want to NEVER put street tires on again except for the cost) so then I used a set of 208GPAs which I got the same as the 002s which was 1 track day and about 1k miles on the street. Now I still have a set of 002s on the bike but would go back to the 014s when the temp warms again for street. Total of 14k miles 7sets of tires.

No the pilot sport isn't the stickiest michelin. The stickiest street legal tire is the new pilot powers which is what I am running. 6% softer than the leading competitors tire. It's like flypaper wrapped around a rim I love them.

The H2's are street legal too. M2's are even stickier and also street legal.

I'm on my third set of M1s. I get about 6000mi out of each. It's a good middle-of-the-road tire, in the sense that it has good wet traction, pretty sticky in the dry, warms up pretty quickly, and good wear for a sport tire.

I'm a Metzler #####, however. I've been using nothing but Metzlers or Pirellis (for the KTM) for a while. Didn't know about the "P" designation, however -- have to see if mine have that.

<!--EDIT|mcoyote
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104781418 -->

The Metzler Sportecs are the best tire I have ever ridden. The 'p' is Hayabusa specific basically it is a firmer tire and has more castings for the weight of the bike. Theystick to the road like no other and the best price is at www.motorcycleproshop.com

I just recently purchased some Avon Azaro's for my bike. Has anyone heard anything on them?.
cool.gif
I run the Avon AV45/46 on my Yamaha FJ1200 & love the hell out of them. They are not very far off of the Metzeler Sportecs that I have on the Busa. I am really tempted to try them on the Busa too as the FJ is just as heavy and I get 6-8000 miles out of the Avons. Let me know how you like them!!
cool.gif

cool.gif

Back