Birthday present to myself...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I've wanted a Sig P226 9mm for a long time and finally picked one up today as my birthday present to myself. I called around looking for one and found a special edition "Navy" model in stock for the same price as a standard P226 9mm with accessory rail, except the Navy model comes with three hi cap mags instead of two. It is also built to Navy Seal team gun specs and all internal parts are coated for extreme salt water corrosion resistance.

Anyway, this is the most awesone handgun I've ever fired. It sets the bar on smoothness of operation and accuracy. It feels like it is operating on greased ball bearings and it simply drills out point of aim. I knew where every shot was going to hit as soon as the shot broke without looking at the target to see where it went. Absolutely awesome pistol!!!
super.gif

And I knew this thread would be worthless without pics, so here ya go. Shots fired pics first (all groups shot from between 25-30 feet), then the glamour shots.
wink.gif

First 20-25 rounds (five rounds fired at a time) to get to know the pistol and sort out grip and trigger pull...

IMG_0408.jpg

First halfway serious 5 shot group effort including double action first shot...

IMG_0411.jpg

Same group as viewed through the trigger guard.

IMG_0410.jpg

A 5 shot group later in the session (on the small dot), Things were tightening up. Again, double action first shot...

IMG_0412.jpg

As seen through the trigger guard. Man I love this pistol!

IMG_0413.jpg

Now for the glamour shots. Don't drool on your keyboards!
biggrin.gif

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145333739 -->

I have the P226 .40 cal I love it!!! Had it for about 7yrs now.

Them little 9mm are just too small
tounge.gif
poke.gif

Congrats!!
beerchug.gif

i prefer 40 cal also...but loved my berretta....but also love my dads kimber 45 that was a sweet gun...too bad mommy has it stashed and dont play with it now he is gone

i prefer 40 cal also...but loved my berretta....but also love my dads kimber 45 that was a sweet gun...too bad mommy has it stashed and dont play with it now he is gone
I've never been a huge fan of the .40. I've always agreed with the folks who said it was an answer to a problem that didn't exist. To each his own though.
wink.gif

I have always been a huge fan of sig sauer weapons! It is the second best firing 9mm ive ever fired!!

First would have to be the Steyr GB 9mm, HANDS DOWN! I had your sentiments exaclty when i fired my Steyr. It just never misses (and its not my quality aim either)

Sweet weapon man! Take care!

niiiice...

I didn't know it was yer b-day, bro...Happy Birthday! Looks like it was obviously a good one!
beerchug.gif

I have always been a huge fan of sig sauer weapons! It is the second best firing 9mm ive ever fired!!

First would have to be the Steyr GB 9mm, HANDS DOWN! I had your sentiments exaclty when i fired my Steyr. It just never misses (and its not my quality aim either)

Sweet weapon man! Take care!
Thanks. Never shot a Steyr. Always just been a Sig and Glock man for the most part. I should try a Steyr sometime. Actually, I don't need anything else to spend money on.
biggrin.gif

BT, man you have got some nice artillery. You're a good salesman too. Those groupings make me want to go out and buy a Sig right now. Then the harsh reality of personal marksmanship sets in !! I'm good with my P95, but nowhere near that good.

I ended up going with the H&K 45. Dayum good gun. I may look into a Sig 40 one day, though.

Looks like something I'd hurt myself with BT!
laugh.gif

Glad you bought yourself something you wanted though...it's no Busa, but it'll do for now...
tounge.gif

Well when it gets here Happy Birthday.
cool.gif

My grouping isn't anywhere that tight but I love my Sig. I have a 220 .45 and a S&W 9mm

guns.JPG

nice pics. having the accesory rail is nice the flashlight is nice for home defense work
vader1.gif

It's all about the SIGs, Gotta love em'. I've never had a more instinctive, accurate weapon.

Excellent birthday present to yourself ... thanks for the pics and the review ... I remember that feeling when I first fired the CZ-75 ... I've only shot someone else's Sig once and it was all good!! Nice groups ... no doubt you've got some trophies around from shooting competitively.

Good looking pistol. I fired a sig 9mm several years ago on a range and only shot it average. i shot the beretta 9mm a little better. Both navy guns. one of my friends is on a "team," and he says they do indeed use the sig 9mm instead of the beretta. he says they mostly use the mp5 though. i have a couple of 45s that i like the best. one is a 1911A1 that has a few mods and a slightly moded paraordnance P12. i also have a few other guns that are pretty nice, some for very far away and some for not so far away.

BT, man you have got some nice artillery. You're a good salesman too. Those groupings make me want to go out and buy a Sig right now. Then the harsh reality of personal marksmanship sets in !! I'm good with my P95, but nowhere near that good.

I ended up going with the H&K 45. Dayum good gun. I may look into a Sig 40 one day, though.
You probably wouldn't believe how much ammo I've gone through over the years getting that good with a pistol. I've literally shot a five gallon bucket of ammo in a day's time practicing. I used to get buckets of "manufacturing rejects" from a local bullet manufacturer for free. Wish I still had the hook up for free ammo. The only time it's free anymore is when I'm qualifying at work.
wink.gif

Looks like something I'd hurt myself with BT!
laugh.gif

Glad you bought yourself something you wanted though...it's no Busa, but it'll do for now...
tounge.gif
Thanks Michelle, and yeah, it'll do for now. The 10R hit the cycle trader today and I've already got a bite. Maybe it will sell quickly. I'd be surprised if it doesn't.

Back