Killed some paper

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Went to the range yesterday to qualify for conceal carry. Not too bad for a .45 acp. I got a little outside my shot group in the rapid fire portion of the class. Went to Patrol Technologies while I was waiting on my class and found the perfect holster. And thanks to Blanca for sending me a NY trigger for my glock.

2011-08-28_08-02-53_13.jpg

I started shooting when I was 11 years old. My dad taught me to shoot and purchased my first .22 rifle which I still have. We could shoot match sticks in two. I miss my father very much.

Nice shooting there twotone. As far as the permit, are you all done then, aside from getting the actual card?
I still have my first 22lr also and I was about the same age as you (10 yrs I think because dad broke my Daisey playing `Rifleman` or something):laugh:
Glenfield/Marlin Mod.60

Nice.. Wisconsin just passed the conceal carry law, and I will also take what ever classes needed.

I like you have been shooting my whole life. A few years back someone asked me to join him shooting one handed. I had to start over for the most part because I never shot one handed.

It made me a much better shot in the long run. At the time I got to shoot with a guy named Chris and he was the top civilian shooter.

It was fun watching someone get mad for getting one out of the x in 15 shots....( one handed at 50 feet )

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Nice shooting there twotone. As far as the permit, are you all done then, aside from getting the actual card?
I still have my first 22lr also and I was about the same age as you (10 yrs I think because dad broke my Daisey playing `Rifleman` or something):laugh:
Glenfield/Marlin Mod.60

Almost, I still have to visit the county sheriff and have finger prints taken, mail application to the OSBI for back ground checks. Should be another 6 weeks before I get my actual permit.

Nice.. Wisconsin just passed the conceal carry law, and I will also take what ever classes needed.

I like you have been shooting my whole life. A few years back someone asked me to join him shooting one handed. I had to start over for the most part because I never shot one handed.

It made me a much better shot in the long run. At the time I got to shoot with a guy named Chris and he was the top civilian shooter.

It was fun watching someone get mad for getting one out of the x in 15 shots....( one handed at 50 feet )

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

One handed at 50ft is pretty good, I dont think I would be very accurate. But practice will help. I have a membership at a range now so I plan to improve. I think Illinois and one other state are the only states that dont allow carry.

Whats funny is I put 100 rounds through this gun last weekend and did horrible, I was all over the place. But with different ammo I was right where I needed to be. Ammo makes a huge difference.

Thanks guys, that was 50 rounds. I need to get my rifle to the range and zero my red dot.

1bandit if possible you should learn to shoot one handed as well as from both hands individually.Once comfortable shooting either right or left handed try different positions like kneeling, prone, prone on side or things like this.There shouldn't be a position you feel uncomfortable about or can't be accurate shooting from. We used to have alot more outdoor ranges here and alot more competitions that emphasized these things but now most have been sold to developers for homes :( TwoTone I'll mail it tomorrow (along with the EcoBoost DVDs I promised everybody else :insertsorrysmileyhere:)Ammo does make a huge difference in many weapons. From functionality to accuracy for sure trying different brands can yield benefits. Some guns won't print a round on the paper with Winchester .45 acp Silvertip ammo while others are tackdrivers with it.

1bandit if possible you should learn to shoot one handed as well as from both hands individually.Once comfortable shooting either right or left handed try different positions like kneeling, prone, prone on side or things like this.There shouldn't be a position you feel uncomfortable about or can't be accurate shooting from. We used to have alot more outdoor ranges here and alot more competitions that emphasized these things but now most have been sold to developers for homes :( TwoTone I'll mail it tomorrow (along with the EcoBoost DVDs I promised everybody else :insertsorrysmileyhere:)Ammo does make a huge difference in many weapons. From functionality to accuracy for sure trying different brands can yield benefits. Some guns won't print a round on the paper with Winchester .45 acp Silvertip ammo while others are tackdrivers with it.

I have found the Winchester 230 gr jacketed hollow points work very well in my Glock. Thank you again Blanca, I appreciate the help and guidance.

Excellent shooting. It's not a bad idea to be able to get your weapon up and running with one hand as well. Try some shooting on the move, and my all time favorite trick; do some jogging or sprinting, get the heart rate up good and take on some targets.

Very nice shooting man. Sounds like you had a good day at the range plus completing the CCW class. Just did mine a few weeks back.

Back