Cherry popper session with new sig...

And BT calls himself a law enforcement officer. You'd be better off with a flashlight...
laugh.gif
ices_rofl.gif
I'm just bullshittin'... and you know this maaaaannn!!
Some days I actually would be better off throwing the gun at 'em or having a flashlight.

jump9.gif

I'm just glad I am not the Fuggin Tree...

Bullet, Bro, they have some really nice target stands and action targets out there.
I can't believe how many people have felt sorry for that tree.
jump9.gif

I have four acres and plan to build a dirt backstop with some nice stands this year... when I have time and find free dirt.
wink.gif
thumbs-up.gif
You should check out some of the Steel "Action" targets out there. THey are a lot of fun to shoot, you get a re-assuring "TING" on impact and the spinging or at least swinging is fun. It provides some feedback.

Just remember to NOT shoot your steel targets with the .223 He he... I spent about 4 rnds of .223 on a small circular spinner, the damn thing wasn't even wiggling. I thought I had lost my ability to shoot straight until on closer inspection I discovered 4 perfect quarter inch holes punched in the damn thing. Yeah .223 was just punching right through. He he, so yeah pistol targets mean pistol targets...

Metal spinners
ResetAnimation.gif

Shoot three rounds, then the square to reset. Hours of fun.
Yeah, we have an 18 lane Blackwater computerized/pneumatic target system at work with "pie plate" steel poppers. We also use the silhouette shaped steel knockdowns. They make it clear that anyone who shoots the steel with a rifle or a 12ga slug will be fired on the spot. We have to use frangible ammo on them to reduce splashback. It is hella fun to run through the pie plates as fast as you can get a sight picture, hearing that *DING* as you knock them down.

The Blackwater system has rubber bumpers on the back side so that the targets sometimes bounce back up, which helps train the shooter to shoot until the threat is gone. I've had to knock some of them down four times before they stayed down.
biggrin.gif
It also has an adjustable speed "runner" that crosses the lanes of fire from side to side. It is fun tracking and dinging it on the run.

I will probably either buy or make some steel spinners like you mentioned when I get my backstop done. Another fun thing to do is to tie some balloons off on a post with a good backstop. Use 18-20" of string and let them blow in the wind, trying to hit them while moving. Forces you to track your target and follow through.
wink.gif
Sucks when two balloons align and you pop both with one shot, cheating yourself out of one of your movers though.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148254458 -->

wink.gif

MJN You are correct, NAA .22LR though. Smallest revolver I have, and it's the one that MUST be fired with two hands. I gotta love a revolver that drops into my pocket safely. 5 rnds of .22 is all you need at 0' though.

Bullet, I'm jealous. Currently if I want to go shooting it's off tot he local indoor 50yrd range. Nice place ran by good folks. (Lots of LEO's in there) But if I want some pop ups or Pumpkins to kill I end up with a LOooOoNG drive.

Hey Bullet, do you have free access to your range?
We have to have a firearms instructor with us, but we can go anytime we can find an inst. to go with us. I'm working on getting firearms inst. certified this year. Trying to work it into about 200 hours of other training I've got on my plate...
drooling3.gif

doesnt any body own a walther like a p99 thats what I bought to play with 40 cal 12 round clips awsome gun
smile.gif

I would like a p99, havent shot one yet, but its a James Bond gun! I cant buy a PPK, under 110 mm. I am actually trying to sell oh about a dozen guns now, might get a 99 yet.

bought mine for deer hunting but its a blast to shoot have a p22 as well wife and kids love to plink whith that one have had no problems with either one
smile.gif

Back