Biltmore Estate

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
My daughter is looking forward to checking out the Biltmore Estate during our Bash trip. If I make this an educational trip, it may qualify for a tax deduction! I'm thinking it will be on Thursday the 24th. If you are going to be in area for bash early and are interested, post up. The tickets are pricey, so I'm guessing we'll be there a while. It's at least a few hours of checking out the place and I'm guessing a 2 hour ride from Robbinsville? If we get a group interested we may get a group rate for a guided tour.
While we are in Asheville we can always check in to see a sponsor "at work" too!
cool.gif

Anybody?

I've always wanted to see that place... Let me check with my co-pilot and we'll see if we can fit it in to our hectic schedule. Thanks, PD!

The Biltmore is probably more of an all day gig, its a couple of hour ride/drive then the house, if you do the full tour is several hours. You can easily spend 4hrs+ just touring the house depending on the tour you do and then there's the grounds/gardens that kinda demand some attention if its a nice day. I'd say plan for an early departure from Robbinsville (7amish) then probably head out mid afternoon from the estate to see local sights
beerchug.gif
and then back around dark to Robbinsville. In late April, early May they have a thing for the gardens going, so on a nice weekend if you arent there way early or have a scheduled tour (hence the need to get a group/schedule) you will stand in line possibly for hours just to get into the place. This place gets stupid busy on nice weekends in the spring.

I would think Thursday wouldn't be bad, but a scheduled tour would be the way to go. Field Trips, etc. might get ya.

yea looked like 2 hours each way / tickets are $49 per person some kind of group discount would be most welcome...

The one bonus for thursday is that its not timed entry day
beerchug.gif
Looks like $39 for adults, 1/2 price for up to 16yo and no real mention of a group discount but I'd suspect we would have to have more than 20 folks to get any discounts. That is for the admission to the grounds/house, behind the scene tours are on top of that and the behind the scenes & roof top tours are well worth it if you want to really see the house.

As mentioned, they have a lot of spring time fun, check out this link http://www.biltmore.com/visit/calendar/spring.asp for the spring time gardens. The one image there is just one very small corner of the garden on that level, there's many others
cool.gif

It's a great place to visit, if you do go make sure you get the audio tour, worth the extra $10.
It's hard to believe someone could have so much money at such a young age and build such a dream house...

Vman - is from the area if I remember correctly, he may be able to provide additonal insight...

PDBusa, are you willing to lead that ride for those interested in going? I would guess that Vmans would also be on the route as he is right there...
beerchug.gif

i will check with my group comin with me... but sounds like a definite good time!!

The BH would be an all day trip, accounting for ride time here 2hrs, house time at least 3-4hrs, food stops, gas stops, MRCycles stop, lol and ride time back.

I will not be at the Gap until Friday so no can help on this one.

The complete dealership expansion should be done by April.

We've changed our reservations and will be arriving Wednesday so we can attend.

Between Zukracer and myself we will get a group there, to MR Cycles and back. (More Zuk, I will be 900+ miles away from home) Big thanks to LCB who did some research and got a bunch of info. on the Biltmore I need to digest and post up.
thumb_up.gif

yeah I got this one
beerchug.gif
Its part of the route details I'm working on
cool.gif

Here is this info LCB obtained.

They will consider 15 as a group so we aren't required to have 20 people sign up.  The group rate is $36.00 for adults and the other add'l options are discounted too for example, the Audio Tour would be $8 instead of $10 and it doesn't have to be purchased ahead of time.

These tickets are rain or shine but they are also valid from the date of purchase thru Oct 31st 2008.  So if we were to purchase a "block" of tickets, they can be used anytime within that timeframe.  The group rate applies to tickets purchased 2 weeks in advance and under 1 name with 1 payment method.  They can be shipped in advance via UPS for an add'l fee of $5.00.  

If we pick them up "at the door", 1 person gets the lot of them and distributes them accordingly but each person needs a ticket to get in the actual estate.

Looks like we need to start a list of who is interested. I'll step up(with Zuk's credit card number I snatched during lunch a few weeks ago  
whistling.gif
)and purchase block of tickets prior but I'd like definates for obvious reasons.  
winkold.gif

I will have to see if I can move my dates up 1... I was going to travel Wed.. If Reba can move my res. up I will be in

Who is leading this ride? Juli and I would like to change what we had planned for Thursday and attend. Stands up at 0730 from where? I know I read somewhere we were visiting a member/sponsor shop as well that day.

Thought I responded to this. Sorry. We roll from the lower fire pit at the Phillips. In addition to the Biltmore, we are stopping by VMans "work". MR Cycle
thumb_up.gif

FYI, I've taken the Biltmore tour and it is pretty amazing. A completely self sufficient operating estate. One of America's castles.

But it is almost a whole day event with travel.

Were we able to get a group thing going or should I purchase my tickets online?

Back