Biker Boyz

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcbeware/03_Judgement_Day/index.motml

Judgement Day Video Review

By Eric Bass, 6/23/03

Judgment Day is the movie that Biker Boyz should have been. Zero percent plot, one hundred percent hooliganism. Spare us the faux-urban Western crap. We wanna' watch Lisa Bonet and Derek Luke scramble for their "Star Wagon" trailers while the extras run rampant and provide some burnt-rubber aromatherapy. That's what I'm talkin' about!

top_600a.jpg

Ok 5 months after the fact I finally saw this movie. The wifey bought it for me, so we watched it together. Actually after the first 20-25 minutes I would have switched over and watched World Wrestling Federation were the action is based on a little more reality. But I lingered through and for the most part ended up giving it a 7 out of 10. It actually sucked and he HALF_HELMET --what was that all about??? And the Baby's Daddy Drama? Ok it really sucked, even the wife thought it sucked. But she explained one thing I thought was really important....The movie probably started out to entertain bikers, but in order to draw people to the box office turns into a chic flick/baby drama/the mother issue/ yada yada yada.

I think she may have been right. Bikers would go see this just because its about bikes, but some egg head in an office making decisions who doesn't ride probably figures we have to do a social commentary and caring mother scene to draw women to the theater to see this one. in the end it sucks as a bike movie. So why did i give it a seven....well i gave it 2 for the movie, 5 because it was free.

I stayed up late last night to watch it on pay per view. When it ended I wished I had went on to bed. I'm a sport bike rookie and it was obvious even to me how lame it was... ####, it was lame as a movie regardless of how cheesy the bike action was presented!

It was a total waste of the pay per view $$ and my sleep time...

I don't know which was the most idiotic move in the movie... The dirt road sport bike run for the "crown"? Or, when "kid" drives like an idiot and passes his buddy and the other rider in the race, then at top speed jumps onto the seat with his feet and stands straight up... If I'm not mistaken the speedometer read around 180 just before he "bike surfed"... Jesus!!!
mad.gif

This movie smacks of the old break dancing movies that came out in the 80's... Just plain fuggin' stupid!!!

Saw the previews on TV, read the hype, watched pirate DVD
devil.gif
with great expectation. Was I dissapointed, big style. I've seen this movie a hundred times, but the characters usually have stetsons and guns and horses and poop.
Fell asleep before the end, after puking at the colour scheme of the Busa - was it lowered - How do they do that
rock.gif
?
Watched the end again and again to see if it all made sense, still none the wiser but some of you guys have made it a bit clearer. Is it me - or did they look like they were doing 30 mph on that dirt road !!!
We have been waiting ages for a good biker movie - Biker Boyz was not it !!!
rant.gif

Roger change out the lowering links in the rear, you can order them from reaper as well as bar risers which will allow you to drop the front end....Glad you got at least one benefit from watching this torrid movie

When they all parked their bikes in unison, started popping the kick stands down one after the other, I thought I was watching a Michael Jackson video!

That movie was so damn bad...not worth the two hours of my life I gave for it!  Ugghhh...
mad.gif

When they all parked their bikes in unison, started popping the kick stands down one after the other, I thought I was watching a Michael Jackson video!

That movie was so damn bad...not worth the two hours of my life I gave for it!  Ugghhh...
mad.gif
Come on Michelle... You know you've been practicing that "dance" on the Sportster.

jump9.gif

I couldn't dare be COOL enough to do those stunts BulletTrain!

Imagine me sitting there, with my husband that's keeping his Harley, trying to get in to this stupid movie and show how nice these Busas are, then they show that fuggin' scene!  My husband was laughing so hard, and asking if I was going to have to learn all those moves...

Just embarrassing...
eek2.gif

Oh Alien -
The laughter alone might be worth just a peek! No...I wouldn't recommend it to anyone...
tounge.gif

LOL!!! Didn't think of it from that angle. I knew it was stupid to sport bike riders. Can't even imagine how idiotic it must make us look to the Hardley riders! Dayuuum!!!
rock.gif

Oh, I was being razzed that night...the hubby knows how much I've researched this bike, how much I talk about it, etc...then to sit there and watch that poop with the choreographed parking, was just not making a good point in my direction! Oh, and let's not forget the scene where bikers from each group were sent out from each "club" to lay out the rules! Felt like Braveheart?!

I like Lawrence Fishburne, but damn, he's got to think "what in the hell was I thinking?" Far cry from the Matrix movies...

What was even cheesier than the dance was how they stopped in about ten feet at the big end of the Big Race (speedos reading, what, 180 or better in the scenes?) on the dirt tractor path. They raced to the sign over the end of that path and there was wooden fence no more than 20 feet past the finish line.

I just knew that they were going to crash through the wooden fence and dump the bikes. But noooooooo. They were able to get on the binders and stop halfway across the intersecting path before reaching the fence and didn't even do a stoppie! By chance, did anyone happen to notice what kind of brakes they were using? Might be worth looking at. Could come in handy if you need to stop quick during a top end run.

The only thing that kept this movie from being a complete and total flush was getting to see a few cool bikes. Not many, but a few.

You mean you can't stop from a 180 mph race in just 20 feet?!  poop, I'm not buying a Busa then!

Yeah, I pointed that little flaw out to the hubby as well, as he sat on the couch laughing his ass off!  I'm guessing the guys/gals that wrote, directed, starred in that movie haven't actually ever been on bikes (or cars, Big Wheels - remember those?)

Oh...Bullet - those brakes were the same that are used for the space shuttle, in case you want to start pricing them!

I'm getting more entertainment just making fun of the movie than I did watching it...so, that's worth something I guess...
laugh.gif

Oh, and stick by your guns Michelle with the Busa. Your husband will have one three months after you get yours.

smileyexhibit.gif

Hey Lazer -
I'm getting the Busa no matter what the hubby thinks! Then denying him a ride...it'll kill him!

Back