Biker Boyz

Thinker62

Donating Member
Registered
WARNING
If you have not seen the movie, and do not want to know what happened, do not read this thread!

OK, at the end, the climax of the movie was the big (dirt road) race between Smoke and his son. Smoke was trying to do what the woman asked him, and stop Kid from racing. The stakes were that the loser would stop racing. So far sounds good. Kid wrecked the day before...all the more reason for Smoke to want to stop him from ever racing again, right.

Now someone explain why a father, who is trying to protect his child and stop him from racing, would (in mid-race) change his mind and let up off the throttle so that his child could win...knowing that it meant Kid would keep riding and maybe kill himself in the process.

I don't get it! The kid just wrecked the day before. What could Smoke have been thinking? If he didn't mind Kid racing, then what was the purpose of the race in the first place?

So, someone please explain the lesson of the movie.

Oh my.....

time for you to see a doctor, Greg. I can't believe you are dwelling on this. Has that long island tea flipped your lid? Did you ride yesterday wearing a dirtbike helmet and hankerchief??

Sorry man, but I can't answer your question. Whooooooaaaaa.....
drooling3.gif

Oh my.....

time for you to see a doctor, Greg. I can't believe you are dwelling on this. Has that long island tea flipped your lid? Did you ride yesterday wearing a dirtbike helmet and hankerchief??

Sorry man, but I can't answer your question. Whooooooaaaaa.....  
drooling3.gif
Just at least trying to understand the plot of this stupid a$$ flick.

Sorry, wasn't sure how serious you were.

I kind of understood it while watching it, and for about 15 minutes after, but the end of that race made sense for about that long, and it has now escaped me.
I think when it hits cable, I will watch it on my big screen by myself with a 6pack and see what I think then. Too many outside interference for me to fully judge it yet.

I think the ending was trying to show the kids transition from a boy to a man...I believe that Smoke allowed him to win realizing that riding was his heart and that having won the race he would become more responsible in the end...However the kid refused to take the crown which instantly showed that he had matured realizing that the crown would cause him to be the man and face all challenges...So in essense Smoke did what the kids mom wanted...Although we don't know if that will be the kids last race...

Clear as mud...
smile.gif

i kinda figured that he let him win because "Kid" was going to freaking kill himself trying to prove something. So bam he lets him win and Kid has nothing more to prove. TADAAAAA! I'm also available for dog and cat interpretation.
thumbs-up.gif

Maybe 'cause Smoke was the only one everyone wanted to beat...........just 'cause he had a Busa.

Maybe smoke wanted a HODAKA WOMBAT...........
or maybe he didn't have the fastest color............
or maybe he didn't like riding with the hump.........
or maybe he was gonna get a harley

FATJAP

We just got drunk and threw stuff at the screen as we laughed loudly all the way through. Did anyone else think that movie was hilarious?

On serious note: beyond the comic sense from the proposterous and lacking plot, THAT WAS THE WORST MOVIE!!

I didn't see the movie but I believe I can provide some.... uh hum.... "Expert" analysis (he he). The Father has repressed feelings of anxiety over winning a race, and seeing that his son wants to win and continue on in his adolescent ways of destruction, the Father decides to teach the boy a lesson by letting the boy win and further giving into his son's pubescent (is that a real word?) climb towards manhood and subsequent death. Make sense? It doesn't to me either. But I tried, and I saved us 100 bucks at a shrink trying to figure out why we (well some of you) went to see the movie anyway. I think I'll go see the movie now so I can apply a rebuttal to this dribbage.
crazy.gif

I don't care who it stars...I'm going to see it...If it's a flop like the other I'll sure tell it...
wink.gif

Yhea crappy story (which I thought it would be) but crappy whimpy bikes also. Not enough bike action at all. I have seen more action in real life and a lot hotter bikes. Women were not bad though. Oh well maybe Torque will be better.
biggrin.gif

Back