Biker Boyz

That was a complete waste of money and time!! And the ending COME-ON who in the hell would run a heads up race for the supposed crown on a dirt road. That movie was completely retarded.

Personally...I almost couldn't watch the whole thing. Not because of "what it would do to the sport", but because the plot and the action (plot + action = entire movie) is - improbable and / or silly.

In the grand tradition of such icons of the cinema as Driven and The Fast And The Furious, the writers (and their accomplices, the producers and directors) would have us believe:

- Wheeled vehicles fly better than most combat aircraft, with climb rates that would make an F-16 jealous.

- Most cars and bikes have as many as twelve gears in their transmissions, judging by then number of shifts performed during some of straight-line acceleration contest in these movies

- The average drag race is about three minutes in length

- Races are almost always decided by two things:
One driver/rider (finally) decides to open the throttle some more and/or upshift into 8th gear
- OR -
Their nemesis / friend / personal Yoda suffers a mechanical failure or "gifts" them with the win.

- Going faster than 50 mph creates a localized "worm-hole" that magically guides you through the race, but if you get distracted you will fall out of the "worm-hole", crash and die (but only if the writer doesn't like you).

Can a motorsport movie do better? I hope so...

Hey, I am not asking for Citizen Kane - "Gone In Sixty Seconds" wasn't exactly "A Beautiful Mind", but it wasn't as down-right insultingly stupid as the movies mentioned above.

Mike

Next up TORQUE! When is this one due out?
For real?  
rock.gif
It either comes out in March or May...can't remember. It stars Ice Cube and I have heard it is supposed to be good.

we will see!
maybe this one will be better who knows, since arelease in march we can ride to the show
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

Hey Greg - Was it me, what is up with all those open faced helments. I guess because they were stars you had to see
their face. The last time I tried to wear a open face helment
I couldn't see because my eyes were watering so bad. Not my favorite movie.
AAAssjani.gif

Well i hated the movie but the flip up helmet by Nolan is great. Very quiet. I bought one in slid black with my logo on the front and back and Ninja Eater on the shield.
biggrin.gif

Really. I've seen a couple of the pop up lids. I even tried
on one at Laguna Seca this year. I'm thinking of buying one
for my 11 year old daughter. She likes to talk to me alot while we are going around the lake. Would you suggest one for such a young person?

Really.  I've seen a couple of the pop up lids.  I even tried
on one at Laguna Seca this year.  I'm thinking of buying one
for my 11 year old daughter.  She likes to talk to me alot while we are going around the lake.  Would you suggest one for such a young person?
Yes they are nice and strong and will not pop up without making it open. the visor goes up so you do not have to open until you are fully stopped. The best i ahve seen is my Nolan Classic. which is one of thir top of the line about $165-$200.

If you knew nothing about motorcycling would you have thought the movie entertaining? The plot was a little thin regardless though...

As a US Marine I can watch war movies or fire fights and see all the BS in them. You have to go beyond the real to enjoy movies. If they made a movie about your work how real would it be? Would they lie to entertain the masses...? I wonder...

Marc "Howlin Mad"

This movie sucked, blew, waste of time, etc.......The only good points(only two) was looking at the bikes and looking at the girls. But the rest, come on----1/4 drag in 10 minutes..................whatever..............

All this movie is doing is irritating those that actually ride and encouraging the ignorant and simple to start emulating what they saw on screen...Seems there is a crapload of folks out there that really cannot seperate reality from fiction...

Look around, it's like monkey-see, Monkey-do, out there. We have all the sport tuner dinks with their farty cans and grab handle wings... A La Fast N furious... Now we are going to start having more poser dipsh^ts out there than ever before. They see the movie, say WOW thats cool, and they just have to I don't know, "Be Like Lawrence?" I wouldn't be nearly so vocal on this except out riding last night I counted no less than three BB wannabees even down to the stupid assed helmets...Wobbling around cause they cannot ride. Saw one guy actually get off and push his bike around the parking lot cause he cannot ride worth damn. Just frustrating.... I get really irritated when I think about the fact that Fishbourne was on a Busa in the film...thats all the thing needed...more hooplah and hype... Earning the Busa another stack of "poserbike" points....Sucks...

I am just really crossing my fingers that Torque is a better movie... Hell maybe even show the bikes turning once in awhile...that would be a treat... Don't get me wrong, I don't care if your into Drag racing, carner carving, or cruizin...But for the love of god, just know how to safely operate your bike and don't get all wrapped up in image only... Leave that for the Harley guys...

Seems there is a crapload of folks out there that really cannot seperate reality from fiction...

You mean this  WAS'NT based on a true story .   Hey thanks,
 for ruining my whole existance...now what the fug am I supposed to base my life on.....YOU BASTID .
If I were you I would recommend basing your life on Forest Gump...Talk about going places by good luck and hard work...

Or Maybe Spawn...There was an interesting bike scene in that.

Wait I got it...We'll just call you Tyler Durdan...

Are you kiddin' me?  I LOVED this movie!  I regularly get into top gear at full throttle on dirt roads with the 'Busa.  It's CERTAINLY legal to ride ATVs on the streets, innit? And that Kid Rock........man, can that guy act up a storm.  At the very least, someone should have tipped him when the cameras were running...he could have wiped that STUPID look off his face!  This one was kind of like watching a snake molt ....kinda creepy, but fascinating.

Next up TORQUE! When is this one due out?
January 16th, 2004...

This one looks like it might actually have a descent story too!

( ;
We can only hope... If not I am writing my own screenplay based on me, at least it will have a story line and plenty of action.

Fade in...
Story starts when I am very young with 25 squads in my mirrors.
Flash...Gun shots, sex, pimps, drug raid, motorcycle 25 feet in a tree, sex, son, sex more sons, murder down the road, 3 strikes of lighting, bullet pass my ears, an arrow caught in my teeth. All true
Fade out...
Fade in 32 years later with 206mph on the GPS more sex less drugs more fun...:D
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Damn I would not trade my life and it is still going. Sorry got sentimental for a moment.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Seems there is a crapload of folks out there that really cannot seperate reality from fiction...

You mean this  WAS'NT based on a true story .   Hey thanks,
 for ruining my whole existance...now what the fug am I supposed to base my life on.....YOU BASTID .
If I were you I would recommend basing your life on Forest Gump...Talk about going places by good luck and hard work...

Or Maybe Spawn...There was an interesting bike scene in that.

Wait I got it...We'll just call you Tyler Durdan...
Hey...we should ALL live by Tyler Durden's example!
Didn't see Biker Boyz, but always wondered about that four minute, 10 shifts drag race from the Fast n Furious. Yeah, the squids are comin' out this year....so many...so many...

This movie was so terrible I walked out after 20 minutes and went to see another movie. My girlfriend knew it was complete BS the whole time. I still laugh when I think about the part where Smoke shows up with all the harley riders and they do their little dance together.

Even if Torque sucks a$$ I will still watch the whole thing since it has Jaime Pressley and Monet Mazure in it. Plus Ice Cube can be really funny.

Back