My movie mental regression

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I'm tired of all the political, morbid, secks movies out now days and getting back to comedy and 50's style flicks. I have a bunch of Frankie/Annette beach movies, some old old racing movies, and started getting some Elvis flicks...

what else I am forgetting?

any other flicks like Elvis / Beach movies back that I am forgetting? I like racing, action, flying, beach, music, comedy, cycle movies from old days [yes, BEFORE I was born]

elvis_movie_collect.gif

I personally prefer the Gidget flicks LOL

I'm a huge fan of all the 50's movies, but only seem to really enjoy them once they found out how to film in color...
laugh.gif

Move up to the 60's...nothing tops a good Alfred Hitchcock flick or anything with Jimmy Stewart...
cool.gif

I'm a huge fan of all the 50's movies, but only seem to really enjoy them once they found out how to film in color...
laugh.gif

Move up to the 60's...nothing tops a good Alfred Hitchcock flick or anything with Jimmy Stewart...
cool.gif
yeah 60's fine too.

I'm sure Giget is good... but they seem a little "Chick Flick"-ish to me. but i did forget about those. Jimmy Stewart: great stuff!

I like it when they have enough dialog to carry the plot and movie and not just rely on close-ups of people being emotional, and/or special effects. What happened to REALLY GOOD writing?

laugh.gif

cool.gif
yeah 60's fine too.

I'm sure Giget is good... but they seem a little "Chick Flick"-ish to me.  but i did forget about those. Jimmy Stewart:  great stuff!

I like it when they have enough dialog to carry the plot and movie and not just rely on close-ups of people being emotional, and/or special effects.  What happened to REALLY GOOD writing?
The Gidget comment was a joke, but I have seen 'em
smile.gif

Jimmy Stewart was the best...didn't matter what he did, it was good...he could be in a Hitchcock movie and it was great, talking to an imaginary rabbit, good stuff...The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance...I just adored him...sad day when he passed away
sad.gif

abbott and costello. THats some funny stuff right there boy!!! The great escape, I know its not it the time frame but close. what was that other bike movie where they raced on the beachs?
rock.gif
same guy from the great escape.

Oh, and I do like Doris Day movies
wink.gif
hey I got a Sandra Dee/Bobby Darin movie that was Great!

That Funny Feeling: girl cleaning apartments takes over this one guy's place while he's away for a few weeks, but he ends up not leaving, but they meet and he walks her back to "her place" which is really HIS place and the fun confusion starts as he plays along! Great fun! I'd never heard of it before.

abbott and costello. THats some funny stuff right there boy!!! The great escape, I know its not it the time frame but close. what was that other bike movie where they raced on the beachs?
rock.gif
same guy from the great escape.
same guy you mean Steve McQueen or James Garner? the racer or "Jim Rockford"?

Back