bike vs 1000hp cobra VIDEO INSIDE

Sweet video. You would think the way the bikes blew the car away they would be the orange and black 08 Busa's, the fastest ones. :laugh::poke::laugh::poke:

Last edited:
It makes me sore to see these guys in jeans. Whatever about going down.....but they must be losing some speed/accel due to the drag

It makes me sore to see these guys in jeans. Whatever about going down.....but they must be losing some speed/accel due to the drag

They may be causing some drag....but not enough drag to save that rustang.:laugh: 1000hp? I bet he coulda bought 5 or 6 brand new busa's for what he's probably spent on that car. And the one bike had nothing but a shot of nos and still took him? Sad...very sad.
EDIT: he also had lightened wheels and an exhaust...my bad.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt that Cobra had 1000hp at the wheels. Not because he got beat but because that car doesnt act like it has any real power. My Mustang has about half of that at the tire and on drag radials it runs high 10s. On the street if I punch it like that the front comes up and a very wild ride ensues. That car didnt even rise when he punched it. A 1000rwhp car would be capable of mid 8s and that car wasnt running mid 8s.

I think upping the boost from 6.5 to 10psi would have been the solution if the Cobra still won. Should have worn the 1 piece leather at home, but there wasn't that much planning involved that night.

I seriously doubt that Cobra had 1000hp at the wheels. Not because he got beat but because that car doesnt act like it has any real power. My Mustang has about half of that at the tire and on drag radials it runs high 10s. On the street if I punch it like that the front comes up and a very wild ride ensues. That car didnt even rise when he punched it. A 1000rwhp car would be capable of mid 8s and that car wasnt running mid 8s.

Temps also have a huge factor when it comes to traction, and it was probably in the 50's that night. The owner has a dedicated track car (coupe with spray) that probably has 2-300whp less, but will probably run 8's on the track. As the owner himself said, the street is the big equalizer when it comes to power and traction.

I think everyone is completely mistaken on how fast that car is. It seems like they're hitting it at close to 100mph and in the runs where you can hear the car over the bikes it's spinning the tires through every gear up to where the speedo looks to be around 150. In one of the runs towards the end where the car was actually hooking up it was dead even with the turbo bike. On the runs where the car was hooking up a little better the bikes were really only putting about a car length or two on him. If that car hooked I think that would have been a really good race.

I agree that the price to speed ratio of a bike will ALWAYS be much better than a car. But just as a warning don't get to comfortable and underestimate a turbo car on your bike because there is a pretty good chance you might get embarassed.

I dont have to worry about getting smoked by a car. Where I live, everyones all show and no go....fastest thing around here is probably a stock z06(not a problem). Now back where I grew up would be a different story.:thumbsup:

Back