Sunshine Dragstrip 03/03/2005To state the obviu

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
Last night a group of us met at the local Dragstrip for a little 1/8 mile fun.
I did not get there until 8:30 and was still able to get 4 runs in before they stopped the racing at 10pm.

Busa vs. Turbo Busa

R1 vs. Turbo Busa

I had no real expectation going into it other than to have fun.

Guess I'm not quite ready for the pro circiut with these times...
This were my best (not all from the same pass)... if you can imagine... the others were worse.

R/T............. 0.643
60'............. 1.683
330'............ 4.45
1/8............. 6.615
MPH............ 114.89

Stock wheel base, 6lbs of boost, 17/39 gearing.

My first run was horrible...
I red-lighted, then spun the entire track, went through the trap at 96.85mph.
Got beat by Eric on his stock Busa

The second run was fun... that's the one in the video were I go against the other Busa (Eric from www.TampaBikers.com). Got my best R/T of the night and a little pay-back with Eric.

The third run I went solo... absolutely embarrassing R/T... 1.205 however I had my fastest trap speed on this one at 114.89.

The fourth and final run was fun. This is the second video... the one where I basically wheelied the the entire track. I lined up against an R1. He won the race.

Here are the stats:
1 win
2 losses
1 bye

All-in-all... it was a Blast!

To state the obvious... The times are not a good representation of the bikes potential.
This was my first time to a dragstrip in many, many years.

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

d13.jpg

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: "fixing links"|1109878163 -->

My favorite part was when your camera guy told that idiot to get the f@ck out of the way
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Looked like fun!
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

i want to get to the track so bad...just too afraid to go...I know I will get addicted!!
cool.gif

I will just have to live thru guys like you!! Go get 'em!!

Chad

Haven't watched the vid's yet but sounds like you enjoyed yourself...A boost bike on the track is a learning experience...
evil.gif

Very Nice Cecil.
I have launched some serious horsepower off the starting line many a time over the years..... I'm a little skeptical about my abilities to launch the Busa at a strip with a good launchpad!! LOL!
Fun videos man!

You're a crazy man Cecil. So, how often do you go through tires now that you have a turbo?
rock.gif

Cecil, get yourself a spare wheel with a slick, demand rematches.Bikes not hookin right? Its an eye opener at the track! Dont feel bad,I had my a.. handed to me one night racing my mustang at the track by a station wagon! Had a pos shifter and could not hit 3rd! Bought myself a descent shifter,ran him again the next week with the outcome in my favor. Really, it takes alot of practice and the right equipment,you with boost and street tire, no match for extended bike or experienced rider.You'll get it buddy! Semper fi!
smile.gif

Cecil, get yourself a spare wheel with a slick, demand rematches.Bikes not hookin right? Its an eye opener at the track! Dont feel bad,I had my a.. handed to me one night racing my mustang at the track by a station wagon! Had a pos shifter and could not hit 3rd! Bought myself a descent shifter,ran him again the next week with the outcome in my favor. Really, it takes alot of practice and the right equipment,you with boost and street tire, no match for extended bike or experienced rider.You'll get it buddy! Semper fi!
smile.gif
Thinking about getting another swingarm and rim combo for racing.
Maybe a 6" over arm with a good tall sprocket 43T or so, a long chain and a sticky tire.

Probably an hour or so to swop them out... and to the track we go.

An airshifter is in the cards as well.

1/8 mile is tough.
No time to recover.

Nice vids. Looks like you were having a tough time hookin'.

looks like fun. I think I would be afraid I would kill the bike the first time I got up there:blush:

dang that looked like a blast... you're lucky our track doesn't open up for another month.

Nice vids.  Looks like you were having a tough time hookin'.
The first pass I smoked the tire all the way down the track... went through the trap in 4th at 96mph... the speedo was registering significantly higher  
wink.gif

After the first pass I started lowering rear tire pressure... it helped a bunch.
Next time post that you are going !!!!!!!! I haven't run my bike there yet because no bikes ever go wendsay nites .. I don't want to be the only bike there..Lee..

Ahh so i see you went huh
smile.gif
1/8th mile is difentialy to short for me. Couldnt really see the end of the vid try having your camera man in the stands. glad you made it to the track no get ready to drop another 1 k in your bike for your new addiction
cool.gif

The first pass I smoked the tire all the way down the track... went through the trap in 4th at 96mph... the speedo was registering significantly higher
wink.gif

After the first pass I started lowering rear tire pressure... it helped a bunch.
Next time post that you are going !!!!!!!! I haven't run my bike there yet because no bikes ever go wendsay nites .. I don't want to be the only bike there..Lee..
Consider yourself invited.

We are planning to go again next Wednesday.

Nice vids.  Looks like you were having a tough time hookin'.
wink.gif

Next time post that you are going !!!!!!!!  I haven't run my bike there yet because no bikes ever go wendsay nites .. I don't want to be the only bike there..Lee..

Thank you . I'll be there if it doesn't rain..I have been racing sunshine a long long time . To give you clue how long ago i was runner up in the king of the street 1985 Vmax ..I started racing there in 1981 ...
smile.gif
Don't be suprized if you get beat by a stock busa ...You have way to much HP with that turbo for sunshine on a wedsday night ...Wensday night they don't prep the track to good ..You would do much better on friday night when the bracket racers run...Lee..

wink.gif

Thank you . I'll be there if it doesn't rain..I have been racing sunshine a long long time . To give you clue how long ago i was runner up in the king of the street 1985 Vmax ..I started racing there in 1981 ...
smile.gif
Don't be suprized if you get beat by a stock busa ...You have way to much HP with that turbo for sunshine on a wedsday night ...Wensday night they don't prep the track to good ..You would do much better on friday night when the bracket racers run...Lee..
Too funny.

I used to run Old GPz750 Turbos in the mid-to-late 80's well.

The V-Max was a monster back in the day.

That's what you get for stealing my avatar!!! LOL! Just kidding Cecil! We live and we learn. You did learn right? Boost+street tire=up in smoke! The extended swingarm will help in keeping the bike down, I know plenty of people that race without them.

Back