03 speedo problems ?

CYCLEERIC

Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
Today it's around 50 degrees here so I decided to get the Busa out for a ride to work. While on my way 4th gear around 5000 rpm which should be about 50-55 mph . The speedo was bouncing from 30-70 mph and when I pull the clutch while coming to a stop the speedo drops to 0 mph . Has anybody else seen or heard of a speedo doing this ? It's under it's 1 year warranty but Damn it's starting to get warm here and hate to give her to the dealer for a repair , especially if they gotta order the parts to fix her .

Thanks in advance ,
Eric

<!--EDIT|CYCLEERIC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077131362 -->

I heard awhile back someone had the same problem and it was a simple fix, if yours is the same. Down on the crank cover, lower left side by the end of the clutch line, the speed sensor bolts to the housing. Check to make sure the bolts are tight on the sensor and the cover. Good luck !
smile.gif

Didnt even think about checking there . Just went over to her to take a look and found the sprocket cover cracked at the top edge . I guess she'll be in the shop after all .

Thanks again

Just letting everybody know there is a recall on this very problem . I took the Busa over to the dealer this afternoon and was informed of a recall covering the bolt on the end of the countershaft coming loose , backing out into the sprocket cover causing it to break .

I had the same speedo problem but it was just the sprocket cover bolts workin' loose. I tightened them up and it has worked fine since... I'll definitely check the sprocket nut now, though! If it's a recall I might see if they'll install me a 16t front sprocket when they fix it.
wink.gif

Mine was cracked from the top rear bolt foward to the top of the clutch slave cylinder . But the recall will repair it .

Back