Normal Speedometer Behavior?

nychayabusa

Registered
I can't remember if my 02 did this but I noticed since I got my 03 when I pull the clutch in the speedo needle will go down to 0 MPH but when the clutch goes back out the needle will catch back up the proper MPH.

I just saw a video of a busa and the speedo stays at the proper MPH while he shifts.

Something to worry about?

wow..... never heard of anything like that before.... maybe someone with experience in this area will soon chime in

I've never seen that or heard of it. The speedometer pickup and gauge are independent of the clutch. :dunno:

Just doesn't seem like something I would worry about as long as that's all it's doing.

Wow now I'm pretty worried about this since no one has a clue. The bike is bone stock - not an aftermarket piece on it.

Wow now I'm pretty worried about this since no one has a clue. The bike is bone stock - not an aftermarket piece on it.
The pickup for the speedo is situated on the same sprocket cover that work the cluch rod I guess that the cover is loose or cracked or the speed pickup is loose also check the front sprocket
Good luck hunting for the gremlin and don't forget to post the solution when it is fixed

Back