Speedo Error Myth

Can't wait til my speedohealer gets here,my speedo is 10-11% off at 60 with a fresh tire [M3] 17/42 gearing

OK to this argument I would like to point out most GPS units are accurate to within a certain amount of feet I know mine tells me how many feet depending on how many sat's its picking up so with that in mind if you are accurate to within 20 feet plus of minus and you run for a quarter mile or half mile even you are trying to tell me that 40 feet doesnt make a difference in speed recording
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
? Radar is not accurate opver 100 MPH or so either the only true way is a measured distance.

rock.gif

rock.gif

I don't know whats speed I'm going, I just roll off the throttle when I see dinosaurs.

cheers
ken

Hey Tuff, you may have gotten one with a good speedo. I put a speedo healer on mine because in freeway traffic I was showing an indicated 75 and barley staying with traffic in the slow lane. Speed limit waw 65. A PO friend agreed to check my speed with a radar unit on his posice car. Turns out I was about 8 MPH off. With the speedo healer I'm pretty close to dead nuts. My opinion, and my two cents.

Remind me never to start a thread voicing "my opinion".....lol

Suzuki also told us that a speedo with an accuracy of +/- 10% is acceptable by them.
I'm sure some are dead on (like his) and some aren't.

Same goes for GPS. I've been a block away from where I should have been with one unit
and yet a buddy of mine has a combine that from what I understand has the farmer's field
location punched in and the thing practicly runs on it's own.

dunno.gif

Suzuki also told us that a speedo with an accuracy of +/- 10% is acceptable by them.

Same goes for GPS. I've been a block away from where I should have been with one unit
and yet a buddy of mine has a combine that from what I understand has the farmer's field

dunno.gif
Great looking ride
ThumbsUp.gif

dunno.gif
Great looking ride  
ThumbsUp.gif
Thanks, would almost give my soul to the devil right now to be able
to go for a ride....lol

J.Busa, thanks for my new desktop
thumb_up.gif

dunno.gif
I don't think that harshness of the replies were because of an opinion but because it notes that speedo error is a myth. It's a known fact that they are most often than not off by at least 3% if not more.

dunno.gif
You don't get an opinion anyway.... You're Canadian.
shutup.gif
shutup.gif

Kidding Bro....

shutup.gif

Back