Bike sounds like a Deere,John Deere

Hit Man

Registered
I moved to Tampa, FL 2 weeks ago and the only gas I that I've seen is E10. I filled up once and the bike ran on 2 or 3 cylinders, i drained the tank,installed new plugs,cleaned the cps, checked all plug and injector connections, filled up again and it still sounds like a tractor. Before the turbo I ran E85 and E10 with no problems.Has anyone else had any problems with this fuel in a turbo bike?

I moved to Tampa, FL 2 weeks ago and the only gas I that I've seen is E10. I filled up once and the bike ran on 2 or 3 cylinders, i drained the tank,installed new plugs,cleaned the cps, checked all plug and injector connections, filled up again and it still sounds like a tractor. Before the turbo I ran E85 and E10 with no problems.Has anyone else had any problems with this fuel in a turbo bike?

cps?

If E85 og E10 is the same in US as in Europe

E85 = 85% Ethanol and 15% gas
E10 = 10% Ethanol and 90% gas

the motorbike can't be driven without new adjustments, e.g. E85 must have 20-25% extra fuel, and the ignition has to be changed. You might damage the motor seriously (pistons e.g.). If you have been driving with lambda, you maybe lucky that it's the only thing damaged. Your unit is not able to find out of the change of the fuel without the adjustment.

This is my answer, as I understand the question. :whistle:

I Hope that this doesn't mean that I need to get it mapped again, this E10 is the only gas at the pumps in the city limits. I'll call around and try to find some rugular 93 octane. cps= cam position sensor. Is there any other area that I forgot to check for the problem? I checked all hoses, boost tubing, coil connections, air filter, and everything outside of the motor .Has anyone else had to run E10 on a pump gas map? If turbos are this finiky I'm going back to a n/a combo, because gas mixtures vary so much that I could probaly get stranded on a low tank and have no chioce but to run an eXX fuel.

I'd try some Maxima Hi Test in it with the E10. I live north of Tampa and the local refinery has all E10 gasoline. If the Hi Test at two ounces per gallon doesn't fix it, you have problems.....welcome to the world of expensive finicky turbos!! Open your wallet now.....

Oh and if you do get it remapped, have it done to a conservative A/F ratio so you will not have to have it remapped again. Always stay conservative unless you have lots of money!

Does anyone in the area sale HI Test? I'll stop riding until the economy picks back up unemployment sucks. Who works on bikes like this in Tampa? I need an undercut , another dyno tune, a revalved shock, and a job.

Marcus, thanks for the info. I've been working out of state for the last 18 months so its new news to me that FL is 1 of 10 states with an E10 mandate by 2010. This means it needs a new map for it to survive in my state, and when I go back on the road to a state with no guv-ment mandate I'm screwed.Once again BIG GOVERNMENT has proven itself to be the working class Americans friend. I built some ethonol plants and know they (the government) saw how much money could be tied up into the fuel industry. All they need to do is say "GREEN" and "EMISSIONS" to line the pockets of their contributors with tax payers money.This time next ACORN will be writing law for the EPA.

My bike seems to be really sensitive to fuel changes. I may have too much timing pulled out at low rpms. It was tuned with a pump gas /gt 100 (fuel for turbo imports) mix. C-16 and Exx fuel foul the plugs. I took the turbo and header apart to inspect for cracks and leaks. I really get tired of this touchy thing and want a N/A combo sometime.I might trade the kit for stock bore je pistons and a set of cams. Turbo bikes seem to be a money pit. I must have put 4 or 5 sets of plugs in this year.I move alot, so the 1st tank of gas is always a problem.

e85 in long term use can damage the rubber and plastic present in your fuel system. you could always just get your gas at the airport...

I use to run av gas in my gixxer 1100. What are the specs on av gas? I'm close to Johnny Turbo and Chris Jones so I can get it remapped, I just didnt want to spend more money.

If you own a turbo and "don't want to spend anymore money", I feel for you. The ugly truth of truly quick bikes is money is required. Lots of it.

My line of work has been "Capped and Traded" until further notice. So my wife is the only one working now. She's a lawyer and found work on the whole foreclosure thing. They get over 100 new claims a day in their office only.When business picks up I might go back to all motor.

Back