Big-T LED group buy

Alright, when participating in group buy from CD i knew exactly what kind of product i'm getting i deal with them on regular basis, and i've seen their LED strips before, so no dissapointment here. After receiving my kit i've found that not all the LEDs are in the same color. Few of the strips were in Ruby Red (darker shade of red) and some were RED. Called CD and had no problems exchanging them for the right ones - great customer support as always.

Of course i looked at Speedmon's bike pictures as refference on how and where to mount the LEDs. Took me some time to wire everithing as i wanted to have clean look and quick disconnect plugs on all the wires, so i'm able to take fairings out and work on the bike without parts dingling next to me.

And finally thats what it came to, let me know what you guys think.

Heres little disco effect, so you can see how i devided LEDs into different sections. All on upgraded 3-zone remote controll, which i kind of hate for not being able to instantly turn on all the zones at once (you got to click 7 times to have all zones on)
1st zone - Just Kanji Mirrors
2nd zone - body
3rd zone - wheels

leds.gif

Ummm i lied...
heres my new bluegauges
super.gif
thanks Bug for putting this buy together
beerchug.gif

14.jpg

Very Sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
super.gif
I think that is plenty bright ! List where you placed your LEDs please.
bowdown.gif

Umm kay,

undertail - 2 strips of 18 LEDs
tail section - 1 strip of 6 LEDs on each side
fairings - one strip of 6 LEDs for bigger openings and 1 strip of 3 LEDs for small ones at the bottom on each side

front wheel - 2 3LED pods on each side of the wheel, one behind the brake caliper and one in front

air vents - 1 3LED pod each vent

under cowl - i have 5 single LEDs that i've put together myself a while ago and didnt hook them up untill now. If not that i'd use 3LED pod on each side, it probably look better too, i still have 2 pods left, maybe i'll hook them up at later time.

Stage 3 LED accent kit, has only 4 6LED strips, but when i've found that some of my LEDs were in different color, i've called CD and replaced them with 2 more 6LED strips for $20 extra. If not that i'd use 3LED pods at the small bottom holes in the fairings, and strips at the tail section - would look exactly the same.

Ahh and i've added additional battery, just to make sure i'll be able to start her up after i leave 113 LEDs on for few hrs
laugh.gif

All wiring is enclosed in splice-tube, so i have it nice and neat, no dingling wires. I'll shoot few pics of post-installation and LED positioning when i'll take the bike apart again - shouldnt be too long
wink.gif

(BiG-T @ Oct. 16 2006,16:49) The uv/purple lights are the least brightest out of all the colors.  If placed properly (I used SPEEDEMON's setup as a guide) you should have no problems, of course that depends on how you want to setup your lights.

busa1300nut has provided a good alternative.  If you have any pics of your setup, please post them.
I,ll try to take a few, but my cheap azz camera don,t do to good at night.
mad.gif

I'll be repositioning mine over the winter months but here's a pic I snapped a while ago.... (I was testing how close I could get)

LEDs_2__Medium_.jpg

MAn I got to get some time to get mine installed . My bike is going in a Mall show this weekend so I can't do anything till next weekend.

(Sangai @ Oct. 16 2006,21:10) and more

4.jpg
Looks great!

If that were on my Busa, it would take about 18-seconds for me to get pulled over. They aren't all that keep about red or blue LEDs here in MA.
mad.gif

Back