Group buy...

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
O.K. guys, here's the official word:

I talked to Danny at Chromefx.net and he told me that he would offer AT LEAST a 10% discount, and POSSIBLY free shipping (depending on number interested).  Danny is a real cool guy and very nice.  He explained that the mounting of the covers uses your OEM bolts and it's very easy to do.  Right now, I would like to get interest to see what kind of numbers we are looking at.  Danny also said that he is getting ready to start another production run for the Hayabusa starting April 4th.  He still has some in stock and is eager to work with us.  He also told me that he is meeting with Suzuki in a couple weeks because they want a run of custom ones made for the bikes.  He also mentioned that he would be willing to go as high as 15% off with free shipping depending on interest.  Now what we need to know is the following info so that I can contact him on Monday to see where we stand as far as interest:

Name/boardname
Which kit requested:  (i.e. full kit, frame only, special requests, etc.)  *see website for details*

Once we generate the interest, I will contact him with the numbers and we will go from there.  If you have any questions, he gave me his personal email address:  dannylong@chromefx.net

P.S.  This is my first time actually working a group buy, and I want it to go as smooth as possible so that EVERYONE is completely satisfied.  I'll start the list off with request:

1.  Brian Charles (bacharles)    frame only kit
rock.gif
?   (mofuggahere)    frame and swingarm (?)
rock.gif
?   (Kweave)        frame kit only
rock.gif
?   (Batman#1)     full kit except for swingarm
rock.gif
?   (mdfdbusa)     frame kit
rock.gif
?   (USMCBUSA)   frame kit
7.  Tony  (phatpounder02)   full kit
rock.gif
?   (MFFJM2)      frame kit only
9.  BUSA-MAN 24-7     frame kit only (?)
rock.gif
?   (elmejor)     frame kit only
rock.gif
?   (sayles_suzuki)   frame kit or full kit (?)
rock.gif
?   (frisbee)     carbon fiber frame kit only ?
rock.gif
?   (shimmyz)   carbon fiber frame kit only ?
14. ??      (mrjoshua101)   full chrome kit
15. ??      (BAD06BUSA)   frame kit only
16. ?? (double O) frame and swingarm kit

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144799968 -->

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Do you have any pictures other than what is on the website?
I have a buddy of mine who lives in Baton Rouge (approx. 2 hrs east of me) on his '06 LE and they look damn good. I was very impressed. I just sent him an email to send some good digital pics to me so that I can post them. I hope we can get this one off the ground.

C'mon guys.... speak now or forever hold your PIECE... (yes, I do mean PIECE)
laugh.gif

I would be interested in everything, except the swingarm,
but I will have to wait and see when he will need the money.
Too many mods lately, and need to regenerate $$$

Actually thought I would have a gotten a little more interest. What's up people?

I'm thinking about it. Not sure but, I would like to see some pics of this product on a bike outside of the ones on thier web-site. I would also be intrested in a product review from someone not associated w/ the company.

I may be interested in the frame kit, depending on what the final price will be.
Pls keep me posted...
thanx for pulling this together. I've done a few group buys and know how much of a hassle it can be.

O.K. guys, here's the official word:

I talked to Danny at Chromefx.net and he told me that he would offer AT LEAST a 10% discount, and POSSIBLY free shipping (depending on number interested).  Danny is a real cool guy and very nice.  He explained that the mounting of the covers uses your OEM bolts and it's very easy to do.  Right now, I would like to get interest to see what kind of numbers we are looking at.  Danny also said that he is getting ready to start another production run for the Hayabusa starting April 4th.  He still has some in stock and is eager to work with us.  He also told me that he is meeting with Suzuki in a couple weeks because they want a run of custom ones made for the bikes.  He also mentioned that he would be willing to go as high as 15% off with free shipping depending on interest.  Now what we need to know is the following info so that I can contact him on Monday to see where we stand as far as interest:

Name/boardname
Which kit requested:  (i.e. full kit, frame only, special requests, etc.)  *see website for details*

Once we generate the interest, I will contact him with the numbers and we will go from there.  If you have any questions, he gave me his personal email address:  dannylong@chromefx.net

P.S.  This is my first time actually working a group buy, and I want it to go as smooth as possible so that EVERYONE is completely satisfied.  I'll start the list off with request:

1.  Brian Charles (bacharles)    frame only kit
rock.gif
?   (mofuggahere)    frame and swingarm (?)
rock.gif
?   (Kweave)        frame kit only
rock.gif
?   (Batman#1)     full kit except for swingarm
rock.gif
?   (mdfdbusa)     frame kit
rock.gif
?   (USMCBUSA)   frame kit
Please read for all the details.  I will give Danny a call this week and give him the possible numbers.  No one has bound themselves to the order yet, so I'll get final numbers based on what we have so far.  Thanx guys.

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143619292 -->

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I'm thinking about it.  Not sure but, I would like to see some pics of this product on a bike outside of the ones on thier web-site.  I would also be intrested in a product review from someone not associated w/ the company.
I have a buddy of mine who has them on his '06 LE and it looks pretty good. I'm still waiting on pics from him. The only other person who can give a testimonial is a boardmember here who goes by the name "magus." Maybe PM him for his thoughts on the kit. I'm gonna order me a set regardless since I like them on my buddy's bike.

Allrighty then... seems like we're getting a little more interest. I'll give Danny a call later this afternoon. Keep the orders coming guys/gals.

Got another reply from another member. The list is up-to-date according to the responses I have received so far. Keep 'em coming. If these 10 people stand firm, I'm sure we will qualify for the 15% discount and free shipping.
wink.gif

Back