Big rear tires

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
When i was dropping off my bike to get tuned last thursday, there was a guy there with a fully done up ZX14. He had those little no-nothing slip on crappy exhaust tips and was getting it retuned due to the popping that was happening from them. I mean this bike is full chrome everything and custom paint. Nice bike. It has a 330 tire, jack shaft and all the things that go with having a huge rear tire.

It dyno'd at 154HP to the wheel. The 14 owner was pissed. I think the shop baselined it before the wide tire conversion. The bike lost 21HP and some torque from the little shorty pipes.

All the 14 owner would keep repeating is he wanted a Turbo.

IMO, it's a showbike and therefore really doesn't need the power the guy is after. Even with the lower power #'s he can still light up that rear tire like it's nothing.

Wow.

Well, there is a lot of rotating mass there. And just think, less hp is getting to the ground, and the bike is a lot heavier with all that gear.

Obviously he forgot which direction he wanted to go, fat, fast or turns.

crazy.gif

(thebbbusa @ Jun. 25 2007,12:02) Obviously he forgot which direction he wanted to go, fat, fast or turns.
Obviously he didn't take into consideration all the power transfer either. Neither did he take into consideration the additional traction he's getting in a straight line. But then, since it's a show bike, what the heck does he care. He could just brag on the crankshaft HP and be done with it . After all, we all know who's bike is faster  
jump9.gif

I think his exact words were "I wanna be faster than the 07' Blue Busa. They're the fastest of all colors"  

True comment, i wouldn't lie.
wink.gif

Hey everyone has their on cup of tea. some like stuntin some like twisties,draggin and so on as long as it's 2 wheels I like em all.

All this tire question-asking got me thinking, too!!!

I wanna know what tire is the best for regular street riding and can also hold on in rain!!!

(PaNDeM1C @ Jun. 26 2007,02:15) All this tire question-asking got me thinking, too!!!

I wanna know what tire is the best for regular street riding and can also hold on in rain!!!
You already have them...
smile.gif

I've ridden my Qualifiers in the rain, absolutely NO drama. I was scared shidless of riding in the rain before I did it, now no worries.
beerchug.gif

I think if I were there I would have just kept saying to the guy "but it's got a big fat rear tire...."

to any of his questions or comments... "hey, it's got a big fat rear tire..."

I think that answer would work every time.

I need a turbo = ...big fat tire...
I wanna be faster = ...big fat tire...
How come I have no hp = ...big fat tire...
how come I have no money left = ...big fat tire...
it's so hard to turn = (every one) ... big fat tire...

jump9.gif

(GMbusa @ Jun. 25 2007,23:39) I think his exact words were "I wanna be faster than the 07' Blue Busa. They're the fastest of all colors"

True comment, i wouldn't lie.
wink.gif

23_20_80.gif

(Commuta_Busa @ Jun. 26 2007,09:34) I think if I were there I would have just kept saying to the guy "but it's got a big fat rear tire...."

to any of his questions or comments... "hey, it's got a big fat rear tire..."

I think that answer would work every time.

I need a turbo = ...big fat tire...
I wanna be faster = ...big fat tire...
How come I have no hp = ...big fat tire...
how come I have no money left = ...big fat tire...
it's so hard to turn = (every one) ... big fat tire...

jump9.gif
big fat tire
ices_rofl.gif

personaly i like the big fat tire thing..... i just wish people would keep that tire under the rear tail section. To me the long swingarm and large tire combo just looks wrong. Has anybody seen a 240/300 tire under a stock tail section? ( i havent)

(lot boy @ Jun. 26 2007,16:09) personaly i like the big fat tire thing..... i just wish people would keep that tire under the rear tail section. To me the long swingarm and large tire combo just looks wrong.  Has anybody seen a 240/300 tire under a stock tail section? ( i havent)
You just can't fit a tire that fat under the stock tail section.

I know what you mean, but mechanically there's not enough room for the jackshaft and such. I don't like the ridiculously long ones, but 6-8 over on a fat tire looks good.

Check out the Modification section for a write up from a member on his 330mm busa. His isn't overly long, but you will see why you can't stuff it under there whre you want to.

Back