Best of the 1000's

the current crop of liter bikes are all fast, handle well, and have way more power then you really need to have fun. With that said I would reccommend the GSXR for its familiarity. when I ride my supermoto or my moms 636 for a couple days. Then hop on my busa, it takes some time to get reacquainted . When I had my GSXR 600 trackbike, I could ride around the track as fast as I could go for the weekend. Then hop on the busa and be right at home. The ergos are about the same. Sure the 600 had slighty more racey feel, but going back and forth didnt fill awkward or out of place.

Something else to consider: My 08 Busa and my 07 1K share many identical parts (brake pads, oil filter, tires, etc.) so when it comes to parts/service, makes it a LOT easier to deal with...

I don't have any experience with liter bikes, but if I was going to get one, I'd definitely try to find me one of these:

2013 GSX-R1000 1 Million Commemorative Edition
CE97F96521624ACCA3F92654153667A2.ashx.png

Re: Best of the 1000's = GSXR .

The current crop of liter bikes are all fast, handle well,
and have way more power then you really need to have fun.

With that said I would reccommend the GSXR for its familiarity.

When I ride my supermoto or my moms 636 for a couple days.
Then hop on my busa, it takes some time to get reacquainted .

When I had my GSXR 600 trackbike,
I could ride around the track as fast as I could go for the weekend.
Then hop on the busa and be right at home.
The ergos are about the same.
Sure the 600 had slighty more racey feel,
but going back and forth didnt fill awkward or out of place.

You still ride around on that super moto . . .

We need to do a sumo ride ?

+1 on the GSXR too .

Red. *<(:{)-

I don't have any experience with liter bikes, but if I was going to get one, I'd definitely try to find me one of these:

2013 GSX-R1000 1 Million Commemorative Edition

I believe we have 5 currently on order from Suzuki.

The only 2 litre bikes I would consider right now in the used department would be a S1000RR or 07+ GSXR-1000. I guess I would probably consider the newest generation ZX-10R also

Had both an 03 and 04 GSXR 1K. Both bikes were a blast and had good ergos for touring (and can be had for cheap). Did a 700 mile day on the 04 (mind you I paid for it the next couple days).

My opinion for the $$ and value would be 05/06 GSXR 1K. Still considered by many as the best all around sport bike. That was my 2nd choice to the Hayabusa as a replacement for my 04 1K.

I am partial to Suzki.

I love my 06 1k ... I have rode 08 gsxr 1k's and wasn't as impressed with the grunt on the low end. I do like the hydraulic clutch on the 07/08 and they are a great looking bike as well. The 07 R1 wasn't my cup of tea at all....and the fly by wire is junk ( my opinion ). They all have there own flaws and people preferences so pick what fits your budget and tastes. I was very close to getting the S1000rr but for a little faster and fancy options ( heated grips are nice ) my paid for gsxr was a no brainer...lol

I own a 2004. Gixxer 1000 and a 2007 Busa love my 1000 when I'm hitting the streets wheelies and stunts got the Busa for me n the wife to enjoy great highway rides

Great post, loved the thread. I have been die hard Suzuki since my parents bought me one when I was 12, but I would still love to try the S1000RR. First 07+ GSXR 1K or S1000RR that will be the right opportunity for me, will be in my garage.

I'd love to take a spin on the S1000 as well, but the first time something isn't purring like it should...see how many spare parts you can for the BMW at a track day event. To check that...try the same with any GSXR.

Great post, loved the thread. I have been die hard Suzuki since my parents bought me one when I was 12, but I would still love to try the S1000RR. First 07+ GSXR 1K or S1000RR that will be the right opportunity for me, will be in my garage.

Thanks for the all the input guys:thumbsup: I'm in the middle of a career change right now. Well I'm kinda lucky lol I have the choice of going either state corrections officer or city fire department and depending on which calls first will determine if it will be worth me getting a second steed :please: although I really would like to save the busa for the long trips and rides with the girlfriend and have a second to ride to work and basically do hood rat stuff with my friends :laugh:

What choice ??? Become a fire fighter :laugh:

In the 1000 class, I personally would go with the CBR1000rr. Good power and controllability. IMO the GSXRs great bikes but wheelie monsters.

I have on 06 zx6r636 LE Im selling. I know you said 1000, but she'll keep up with them in the twisties all day long. Interstate--not so much.

Well my father is a state corrections officer and he has been telling me stories for years I've always thought I would enjoy it idk why call me sick in the head lol not to mention t the corrections job pays almost 20 grand more a year than the fire department which to me means I'm def getting a second bike :laugh: and where else can you get payed to beat up on some guys :whistle:

In the 1000 class, I personally would go with the CBR1000rr. Good power and controllability. IMO the GSXRs great bikes but wheelie monsters.

I have on 06 zx6r636 LE Im selling. I know you said 1000, but she'll keep up with them in the twisties all day long. Interstate--not so much.

Gsxr's, wheelie monsters?:laugh: Yes sir.
Although, all the 900, 929, 954, and 1000 Hondas are some of the easiest bikes ever to wheelie.
The power curve isn't agressive and they balance so well. Takes little effort to get the wheel up too.
The CBR's lack of grunt and agressive response does make them easier to keep the front on the ground though.
But what fun is that!?:laugh:

Back