High mileage tires for the Busa..

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, some of us will be traveling a very long ways to come to the Meet-N-Greet or other events. So my question is which tires are best suited for this and why? Would prefer to hear from the folks running the tires they recommend.....
Would hate to travel 1500 miles one way and not have enough tread to make it back. Suggestions please.
I've heard PIRELLI DIABLO STRADA are the bomb. Pros/Cons?

never used them, but hear that the Avons are supposed to last 4-7k from other users.
cool.gif
Aren't you going to trailer out there?
rock.gif

you poor Bastid you don't trailer, well I haul all of your extra crap for you while I sit in a nice A/C truck watching movies all the way.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I have used the Avon AV45/46 on my FJ1200 & loved them. I will probably have a set on the busa before I head to Colorado too as the M-1's I have should be toast by then.
biggrin.gif

Avons and the michelin macadams are supposed to yield some high mileage. You know that the BT56s hold out well also.

Some good suggestions by all... I remember running the BT056's from the factory. Not bad on the mileage, just a little iffy on the cupping. Heard good things about Avon also. Draycore is running a set right now! Waiting to hear back from him on the overall streetability of that tire set-up on a Busa. Michelins, haven't really paid a lot of attention to that one I might be missing out on some good tires. Anyone have experience running those? lobo, you know Ks doesn't need movies when running down the road with the wind blowing across my face on a Busa at Mach 1..........
smile.gif

Have about 3500 on a rear avon 46 with about 1mm tread left above the wear bar. Guessing it'll be good for about 4000 and that's without really getting on it too much. Got about 3600 on the stockers.

Back