Best of the 1000's

oeballer50

Registered
Been doing some thinking lately (doesn't happen often) and was thinking about possibly getting a second bike. I have an 08 busa which I loveeee :thumbsup: but was thinking having anther bike to bomb around on without the girlfriend would be fun. I've rode my buddies r6 which is fun just doesn't quite have the umphh I'm looking for and I know nothing will be close to my busa but a 1000 would be close enough for me and what I would use it for :laugh: now if I had that extra cash I would get myself a bmw s1000rr but that's far out of my price range lol so I guess out of Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki what is everyone's opinions on them and their pros and cons just in general?

I'd go with an R1. I love the feel and flickability. The ergo is just right for me too. BUT go sit on a few and if your friends have any, take a couple around for a few miles. Find which one is more comfy to you. The R1 has great giddy up and go too!

The 07 and 08 Gixxer 1K's are great. Bulletproof engine, lots of parts, good prices...

I would definitely point you to the new ZX-10r, its the only liter bike I have driven out of the big 4 that has the matched feeling of raw power similar to my Busa. Its lightweight, handles like a dream, aesthetically pleasing and will pass about everything out there minus the S1000rr

I'd go with an R1. I love the feel and flickability. The ergo is just right for me too. BUT go sit on a few and if your friends have any, take a couple around for a few miles. Find which one is more comfy to you. The R1 has great giddy up and go too!

I personally hate R1'S, no offense, just show's the difference in opinions.
So like he said, try them for yourself.

I think R1's need steering wheels instead of handlebars, as the bars(to me) need too much movement for normal steering.
They are also weak and make no power until way up in the rpms.

The 07 and 08 Gixxer 1K's are great. Bulletproof engine, lots of parts, good prices...

+1, but you can't go wrong with any year gsxr 1000.
05/06 are cheap and the 09 to 11 are my personal favorite, with the lightest and most powerful feel. By far one of the best wheelie machines ever made too.

I would definitely point you to the new ZX-10r, its the only liter bike I have driven out of the big 4 that has the matched feeling of raw power similar to my Busa. Its lightweight, handles like a dream, aesthetically pleasing and will pass about everything out there minus the S1000rr

Nice bikes certainly, but not a lot of them out there which means parts/tech support not as easy to find...

First 3 posts got us 3 different recommendations :laugh:

That tells me ya can't really go wrong. Like someone already said, go ride em then shop around to see what works for ya.

Matt MLadin says the 07/08 GSXR1K has the best chassis of all the gsxr's. He set the record at Barber on an 08 gixxer and as far as I know there has been no s1000Rs or ZX10s that have dethroned the mighty gixxer.

My son owns the 07 Gixxer that still holds the record at our local track. For me that says volumes for the gixxer and shows that raw HP is only a part of the package. IMO chassis is more important than max HP.

I have had nothing but 07/08 gixxer 1k's since they showed up at the dealership. I have owned 4 of which I still have 2. The 07/08 gixxer is a tough bike to beat.

I had a 2007 CBR 100rr before I moved over to the Busa. I really like it for the power and weight and did an awesome job in the mountains but the seating position was to aggressive and it killed my wrists. It only had a full Jardine system, a Carbon Fiber Airbox, Power Commander and dyno tuned and it was making 161 rwp. Loved it but traded it for the Busa which is way more comfortable.

Heard and seen too many good things from the 07-08 GSXR 1000's :bowdown: skydvr is right, if you can find 1 of those beasts jump on it

i like the 04 zx10r. there are reviews with the 04 with 30k on the clock and they put it up against a 2010 and the 2012. old faithful smoked them both. only made for 2 years BEFORE they mellowed them out. also known as the widowmaker. i do believe there is one in the classifieds hint hint:whistle:

i like the 04 zx10r. there are reviews with the 04 with 30k on the clock and they put it up against a 2010 and the 2012. old faithful smoked them both. only made for 2 years BEFORE they mellowed them out. also known as the widowmaker. i do believe there is one in the classifieds hint hint:whistle:

They feel alot like an 05/06 gsxr1000 that sits about an inch higher.
Stock vs stock, the new ZX10s aren't any slower, they just have a more linear power curve and feel much, much less agressive.
My friend's 09 ZX10 felt like an R1, it sucked, as it made no power til about 8k rpm. After a full exhaust and dyno tune it felt like an 04/05.
Great bikes. Kawasaki fan here if you can't tell.:beerchug:

i have an L1 GSXR 1K along side my busa and love it.....its also east to get it to with suzuki 0% deal...

I got an 09 Gsxr 1000 as well as a 08 Busa. Love my 09, feels like a 750 but goes like stink..... 80-150mph the 1k I believe is quicker then my 08 busa! The 07-08 model Gsxr 1000 is also a great 1k to own. The difference between the 07-08 model to the 09-11 model, is the 07-08 model has a bit more grunt for street riding down low. The 09-11 is smaller and narrow with more top end. add a -1 front sprocket or +3 rear and the 09-11 is better on the street. The 07 1k in the pic I rode for a week back to back with the 09 I got. It too was -1 in the front at the time. Both great rides, but the 09 is smaller in size and feel. The 09 CBR 1k is a good bike, smaller then the 09 Gsxr 1k, the engine has strong torque but is thrasy in noise and feel. The Gsxr's engines feel silky smooth and scream.

0K6X0247.jpg

SANY0021.jpg

SANY0017.jpg

They feel alot like an 05/06 gsxr1000 that sits about an inch higher.
Stock vs stock, the new ZX10s aren't any slower, they just have a more linear power curve and feel much, much less agressive.
My friend's 09 ZX10 felt like an R1, it sucked, as it made no power til about 8k rpm. After a full exhaust and dyno tune it felt like an 04/05.
Great bikes. Kawasaki fan here if you can't tell.:beerchug:

One of the main reasons i bought mine was the plain and simple facts. Weighs less than 400 lbs. Was a 1000 on a 600/750 sized frame. And made 8 more horse power than a busa for that year. 04/05 are the years you want. Agreed all bikes are fast. 04/05 has numerous reviews from pro riders and editors. Its in a class all on its own

A buddy has an 04, that thing just begs you to be stupid on it, more so than the Busa.

Thanks for the all the input guys:thumbsup: I'm in the middle of a career change right now. Well I'm kinda lucky lol I have the choice of going either state corrections officer or city fire department and depending on which calls first will determine if it will be worth me getting a second steed :please: although I really would like to save the busa for the long trips and rides with the girlfriend and have a second to ride to work and basically do hood rat stuff with my friends :laugh:

Back