Gixxer 1000 K7 or Busa?

motogp08

Registered
I was just wondering for those who've ridden the new gixxer 1000...

does it have more get-up-and-go than the busa?

Would it be harder to control than the busa on the 1000 power setting?

It's running around 185bhp "WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too much probably, but cool none the less!"

I was just wondering what you guy's thought were on this topic. I've done lots of reading and am still deciding which would have the most "acceleration, quickness, etc. between the buss or the gixx."

Help please!
sad.gif

Two differant machines moto,yes it would be harder to handle on accel down low,yes it will pull harder up high.Want a comfy landmissle buy a busa.Want a wicked,wicked track bike,the 07 1000.Its all in what YOU want,out of your machine.

(proud dad @ May 07 2007,18:12) Two differant machines moto,yes it would be harder to handle on accel down low,yes it will pull harder up high.Want a comfy landmissle buy a busa.Want a wicked,wicked track bike,the 07 1000.Its all in what YOU want,out of your machine.
I guess i'm numerically driven, but do you know the top speed of the Gixxer1000, "assuming no governor?"
rock.gif

P.S. thanx MUCH for posting!
beerchug.gif

I know they're different machines man, "i'm just comparing for the fun of it. And i'm tired of 'opinions'."

So the gixx'l pull harder in accel in the low end, high end, and lean's REAL nice, got that much...

how bout top speed?
rock.gif

rock.gif

(motogp08 @ May 07 2007,21:15)
(proud dad @ May 07 2007,18:12) Two differant machines moto,yes it would be harder to handle on accel down low,yes it will pull harder up high.Want a comfy landmissle buy a busa.Want a wicked,wicked track bike,the 07 1000.Its all in what YOU want,out of your machine.
I guess i'm numerically driven, but do you know the top speed of the Gixxer1000, "assuming no governor?"
rock.gif

P.S. thanx MUCH for posting!
beerchug.gif

I know they're different machines man, "i'm just comparing for the fun of it. And i'm tired of 'opinions'."

So the gixx'l pull harder in accel in the low end, high end, and lean's REAL nice, got that much...

how bout top speed?
rock.gif
Sorry,I don't know.Never heard or read anything on that.

rock.gif

One more thing and i'll stop chattering for a bit...

i was considering getting a 2003 Gixxer600, what kind of accel. and top end speed would it have compared to the '06?

Would i be dissapointed?

(motogp08 @ May 07 2007,21:18) One more thing and i'll stop chattering for a bit...

i was considering getting a 2003 Gixxer600, what kind of accel. and top end speed would it have compared to the '06?

Would i be dissapointed?
06 is quicker,top speed?true numbers are probably in the low 160's.I really don't think you'd be disappointed.

(motogp08 @ May 07 2007,18:25)
(bigoltool @ May 07 2007,18:17) You really can't compare the Busa and a GSXR1000 they are just too different. But if you want to see just how wicked the 07 1k is

Here you go!
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article....&Page=1
beerchug.gif
Awsome read bro!

Thanx much!
bowdown.gif
No problem! Those guys usually do a pretty respectable job in their comparisons. That is the first real test I have come across for the new 1000's too bad they didn't throw in the 1098 for a little extra flavor!
cool.gif

(motogp08 @ May 07 2007,19:58) It's running around 185bhp "WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too much probably, but cool none the less!"
Read a review, straight out of the crate put down 172 to the rear wheel.

Yes it will outrun and out-corner a Busa.
sad.gif

I would buy one for a SECOND bike...
super.gif
bowdown.gif

(Shibumi @ May 07 2007,18:53)
(motogp08 @ May 07 2007,19:58) It's running around 185bhp "WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too much probably, but cool none the less!"
Read a review, straight out of the crate put down 172 to the rear wheel.

Yes it will outrun and out-corner a Busa.  
sad.gif

I would buy one for a SECOND bike...  
super.gif

bowdown.gif
Would it outrun it top-speed wise? I figured the 1299 compared to the 999cc, the 1299 would have more top-speed?
rock.gif

And i figured the gixxer1000 would have better accel. because of the power-to-rate ratio was better.
biggrin.gif

I love BOTH of these bikes, as stated before they ARE DIFFERENT machines, "i was just wondering on the numbers."
wink.gif

1000s are harder to ride and control. They have as much, or more, HP and weigh a lot less with a shorter wheelbase.

(Charlesbusa @ May 07 2007,21:24) 1000s are harder to ride and control.  They have as much, or more, HP and weigh a lot less with a shorter wheelbase.
Which really makes them useless on the street, as far as using their all out capabilities. So, if you want a real TRACK bike, that can out perform you in any area you can think of, buy the 1000 ! But, if you want something to use at 70 or 80 percent of it's capabilities rather than only 50% on the street --- Then keep the Busa  
beerchug.gif

I just traded in my Busa for the new 1000, and the one thing I miss is the instant and hard pull of the Busa, pretty much no matter where you are in the RPM range.

The 1000 doesn't have quite the pull, but you can really wind that sucker up, and it's so much more confidence-inspiring in the turns.

As someone posted above, different bikes for different purposes. If you're a canyon carver, get the 1000. If you like a more comfortable ride with torque on-tap, do the Busa.

... i rode Gixxer 1000 K7 a few weeks , it was a close friend's ... the bike is very quick , but after reaching 160-170 mph , it's starting to shake and doesn't give you enough thrust to go faster , absolutely not stable as busa especially after 160-165 mph , no powerful torque as busa has , some weeks ago i was planning to buy one but after riding sometime , i changed my plan , i will wait for the new busa to trade one my busas
smile.gif

Back