Best and worst gigs.

newman

Registered
Whats the best and worst gigs you're been to.
My best one's were.
The sensational Alex Harvey band on Christmas eve in the 70s.
Nazareth in the 70s.
Deep Purple in the 70s.

My worst ones.
Black Sabbath twice 70s.
Mott the hoople 70s, although Queen supported them before they made it big time.
The sweet yea the 70s, it was just to quiet.

Also saw Joe Pass and Oscar Peterson play together at the Royal festival hall,:bowdown: everyone was turning up in BMW's and rolls Royce's and other expensive cars me and my cousin turned up in a white beat up ford van with one wing black.:laugh:
I saw most of the big bands in the 70s but never got to see the Stones or the Who.
Also my favorite album of all time is by sigur Ros, their first one, it takes a bit of listening to a first but it is well worth it, the songs just grow and grow on you.

Hands down it would be seeing the late great SRV at the old Ritz in NYC, New Years eve show 89'
83' The who final tour in Shea Stadium would be also up on the list, as would
System of a Down in Atlanta, STP 3x, Static X many times, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Pantera,
Van Halen(pre Sammy Hagar), Ottmar Leibert, Joe Satriani...blah blah blah
The list goes on!

Can't say which would be the worst. I'm very picky when it comes to going to live shows.
I would say it it would have had to be seeing Neil Young at the Jones Beach Theater. The organizers cancelled the show 1/3 of the way through due to lightening in the area.
No fault of the artist.

NEED TO SEE The Red Hot Chili Peppers!

Best were Bob Seger,, Whitesnake and dokken, queensryche, eric johnson and joe satriani. Dream theater. megadeth. Iron maiden. seger was amazing. iron maiden probably second best show.

worst show hands down was the scorpions with heaven and hell pulling a close second

Hands down it would be seeing the late great SRV at the old Ritz in NYC, New Years eve show 89'
83' The who final tour in Shea Stadium would be also up on the list, as would
System of a Down in Atlanta, STP 3x, Static X many times, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Pantera,
Van Halen(pre Sammy Hagar), Ottmar Leibert, Joe Satriani...blah blah blah
The list goes on!

Can't say which would be the worst. I'm very picky when it comes to going to live shows.
I would say it it would have had to be seeing Neil Young at the Jones Beach Theater. The organizers cancelled the show 1/3 of the way through due to lightening in the area.
No fault of the artist.

NEED TO SEE The Red Hot Chili Peppers!

you suck dude!!!! SRV really? dam seriously jealous, killed to have seen him. along the same line though arc angels,,,

Best were Bob Seger,, Whitesnake and dokken, queensryche, eric johnson and joe satriani. Dream theater. megadeth. Iron maiden. seger was amazing. iron maiden probably second best show.

worst show hands down was the scorpions with heaven and hell pulling a close second

I love Iron Maiden! Last year in Ft. lauderdale! Missed them this year.

Best - Toss-up. Either the Dead in Philly or the Stones in Philly, but I date myself.

Worst - This one made Newman's top list: Nazereth. We saw them at a small club in Kennett Square Pennsylvania, one of those "after hours" drinking establishments where you buy a club membership. The tickets were free. The place was only about one-third full. The band was rocking and you could tell they had talent, but they were long past their dying phase. We stayed for maybe three songs before I said I'd had enough. It was like the parody "This is Spinal Tap", but not that good. :rofl:

Best: Either Alice Cooper or the Eagles. (Not that Hell Freezes Over "unplugged" crap, though.) Oh, and the Roger Waters tour was excellent when he was actually playing the music and not making stupid, anti-American political statements.

Worst: The Police. - They had Fergie as their support act! Not one person in the crowd was interested in her, so she pretty much ruined it for The Police. I don't know why she was there. I wished that she wasn't.

Tattoo the earth at coors ampitheatre in scranton, pa in 2002 I believe. SLAYERRRR....Sevendust,Sepultura,Slipknot,Agnostic Front,Inner Damned,Burnt by the Sun and others. Gang Starr with premier and then again with just Guru, Black Sheep got to chill after show very cool dudes..RIP Guru
Never been to a bad show..

Tattoo the earth at coors ampitheatre in scranton, pa in 2002 I believe. SLAYERRRR....Sevendust,Sepultura,Slipknot,Agnostic Front,Inner Damned,Burnt by the Sun and others. Gang Starr with premier and then again with just Guru, Black Sheep got to chill after show very cool dudes..RIP Guru

I'm guessing you're not a Justin Bieber fan...? :laugh:

Foo Fighters in Tulsa last month:thumbsup: Same concert...... one of the worst performances I've ever seen......Motorhead

Pink Floyd 2 Times. Stones in 89. and Any Metallica Concert that I been to. Lets not forget about RUSH :thumbsup:

Worst=Phil Collins after Genesis and Living Color when the opened for the Stones :moon:

Best.concerts
Ac/dc @ mgm grand
Slipknot
Aaron lewis
Rob zombie
Carlos santana
Five finger death punch

Worst concert
Korn, really lame.
Posted via Mobile Device

Van Halen with David lee Roth, Dave on his Eat em and Smile tour with Steve Vai on lead, AC/DC, Foreigner back in the early 80's, messed up and don't remember much about some of them. Here about a year ago Tim Mcgraw (wifes a HUGE fan). We sat right next to the stage and wife got to paw him. First time she touched him she wasn't letting go, kinda scared me.
Still want to see metallica, rush, ac/dc again, nickle back, van halen again.....missed that about 2 yrs ago.......it was that or a Tim concert (3rd time seeing him)..wife won on that one. 38 special..bunch more but can't think.
I hate I didn't goto New York and see Les paul when he played at a little club like every tuesday night or something. The man was a legand......

- ‪Les Paul (the legend!) in cool "Coors" beer comercial‬‏[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Best - Either James Taylor and Carol King Last summer at Madison Square Garden, and again at Tanglewood, or Aerosmith at the meadows maybe ten years ago.

Worst- Roger waters comeback tour last year.

Back