Weather Alarmists

It appears this building was in trouble for a while. There was considerable settling on the ocean side of the building. There were cracks everywhere in the building's concrete and water coming through them with storms. They apparently settled with a resident for damages. It will be interesting to see what happened here. Deep pile foundations are usually fairly stable ( I assume a building on the beach in FL would be on piles). Someone's in big trouble though as this was apparently not a sudden collapse by early reports.

When something like this happens, there is a flood of activity behind the scene. The A/E of record probably got a call within an hour of the collapse to try and get documents to use in the rescue effort and start the forensic investigation. I suspect that files, maintenance records, and repairs are being poured over for indications of a problem. Not sure how fast the law will get involved but I'm sure interested parties have been notified that destroying any relevant documents is a violation of the law. Lawyers and insurance carriers were called within hours of the collapse.

A firm I worked for in Detroit had a major collapse during the construction of a field house facility (I was not directly involved). The place went on lock-down. We had to sign in and out of the office and we were told not to talk to anyone, especially strangers. Lawyers and the press will walk up to you and try to start a casual conversation with you to try and get information on the collapse.

There are people who need technical information to do the rescue as safely as possible, inspectors trying to determine if the danger is confined to the collapsed building, Law enforcement trying to determine if there is criminality, and vultures looking to make a buck with law suites. What a mess. There are tons of buildings just like this on those beaches down there. Most catastrophic failures like this are a perfect storm of small failures - so the chances of it happening again are slim. But if there is a systemic structural deficiency in the buildings there this could a billion-dollar issue.
Hi. There was an 11 story building in New Bedford Ma they found a crack in it and every one that lived there had to move out until they fixed it I do not know what they did to fix it. People are now living it again.

Buildings have a lot of redundancy in the structure and a huge margin of safety in the structural calculations. Most can be retrofitted with structural support when deficiencies are noted. It's very unusual to have a building just fall down though, mainly due to all the over-design. However, if there was no warning of impending catastrophic failure, there are going to be a lot of questions for our engineering standards and codes. Our life-safety scenario is based on the building being able to be evacuated for a certain amount of time before failure.

LOL

I give you this. You have no problem losing total credibility around here, you believe in yourself no matter what is universally accepted as totally different. I actually admire that level of self confidence, even though it destroys your reputation.

And then there are those who continue to debate with you, absolutely amazing.
I try tried to say the same thing, not as eloquently.
As to the last sentence, I'm right here, and I can read you lol. Arguing with Zerx is more of a hobby. Anyone that believes he can teach Arch about structural integrity has to have at least little comical value.

It appears this building was in trouble for a while. There was considerable settling on the ocean side of the building. There were cracks everywhere in the building's concrete and water coming through them with storms. They apparently settled with a resident for damages. It will be interesting to see what happened here. Deep pile foundations are usually fairly stable ( I assume a building on the beach in FL would be on piles). Someone's in big trouble though as this was apparently not a sudden collapse by early reports.

When something like this happens, there is a flood of activity behind the scene. The A/E of record probably got a call within an hour of the collapse to try and get documents to use in the rescue effort and start the forensic investigation. I suspect that files, maintenance records, and repairs are being poured over for indications of a problem. Not sure how fast the law will get involved but I'm sure interested parties have been notified that destroying any relevant documents is a violation of the law. Lawyers and insurance carriers were called within hours of the collapse.

A firm I worked for in Detroit had a major collapse during the construction of a field house facility (I was not directly involved). The place went on lock-down. We had to sign in and out of the office and we were told not to talk to anyone, especially strangers. Lawyers and the press will walk up to you and try to start a casual conversation with you to try and get information on the collapse.

There are people who need technical information to do the rescue as safely as possible, inspectors trying to determine if the danger is confined to the collapsed building, Law enforcement trying to determine if there is criminality, and vultures looking to make a buck with law suites. What a mess. There are tons of buildings just like this on those beaches down there. Most catastrophic failures like this are a perfect storm of small failures - so the chances of it happening again are slim. But if there is a systemic structural deficiency in the buildings there this could a billion-dollar issue.
What was the purpose of introducing this building failure in Florida under entirely different physical anomalies other than gravity to point out "pancake theory"?

But I digress... Mr Rodriegez did witness an underground explosion in the North tower seconds before the 95th floor collision happened above him. A weakening or failure in the foundation of a steel high rise could be a contributing factor to its collapse. However... nobody can explain the force of gravity to a person unless they have at least one PHD in physics. Right?

I respond to him because there are people reading this who might get sucked into his delusions.
Too late... even credentialed people in the appropriate related fields have pointed out the failure of NIST and other so called experts that may or may not be on a mission to deceive what "they" call the unwashed masses.
We will likely never know in this lifetime.

Seems everyone here has forgotten how many times the Feds or some entity inside the bureaucracy has paid for studies to prove that "they" have the studies that prove the version of reality "they" want you to believe is the correct one.

This is why I say... stand back and look not just at the science behind the story, also, look at the behavior of those that say "they" have all the answers.

The biggest fear people in power have is being discovered and held accountable for their illegal activities.
9-11 was a crime... to say otherwise is too ignore the actions taken by those that had much to gain by collecting data illegally from any and all sources that threaten their control since that time and moving forward.

Snowden said he would come over and stand trial... he only asked that the trial be carried out in a way that the rule of law was followed. What do you think the answer to that was?

Delusions? The world is full of delusional people because they can't discern truth from reality. We have a certain class of people living among us that think they should control humanity. They think you should not live freely, speak freely, or have property rights... they believe you shouldn't even have your own business.
Just get an education, get a job, and pay the taxes of those that employ you... lol !

If the cure for covid didn't damage small business owners and provide cover for an election it most likely would not have had the rigid rules implemented when it was introduced.

One more point...

Just look at who owns the MSM... then look at how on average the level of distrust has risen when people evaluate whatever the MSM says on controversial subjects that impact our country and the others we transact with. Its a poop show out there.... and everyone that has critical thinking skills knows it.

This s a good sign, hopefully the trend continues...They still aren't returning to North America but at least they are leaving China...

Some people think the biggest fear the CCP has is being taken over from forces within. It is believed that China will one day break up into lesser entities similar to what happened with Russia when it failed.
Hi. What do you think will happen if we fail???????????????????? I do not think we are to big to fail. I hope we do not fail.

Hi. What do you think will happen if we fail???????????????????? I do not think we are to big to fail. I hope we do not fail.
The only way we fail short of a war that we are not prepared for is if we allow ourselves to be taken over from within. As you have seen for decades the attacks on America comes from many forces and sources and some of those attackers pretend to be a few of our former American presidents.

Our founding documents are potentially the most empowering documents ever created to shape and guide a nation in the history of nations. Free men that are uninhibited to create the life they dream of have shown us what is possible. . While capitalism is far from perfect it contributed to the building of this country in ways few totalitarian governments ever could. We see China rising and some people think they have an edge on us... it matters little for some of the challenges the working people of China face that we hear very little about pose a threat to the CCP. If the CCP gets broken up then we will see the after effects of Chinese fascism.

The only way we fail short of a war that we are not prepared for is if we allow ourselves to be taken over from within. As you have seen for decades the attacks on America comes from many forces and sources and some of those attackers pretend to be a few of our former American presidents.

Our founding documents are potentially the most empowering documents ever created to shape and guide a nation in the history of nations. Free men that are uninhibited to create the life they dream of have shown us what is possible. . While capitalism is far from perfect it contributed to the building of this country in ways few totalitarian governments ever could. We see China rising and some people think they have an edge on us... it matters little for some of the challenges the working people of China face that we hear very little about pose a threat to the CCP. If the CCP gets broken up then we will see the after effects of Chinese fascism.
The far lefties and far righties are doing their best to try and tear the US apart, thank goodness there are far more "neutral" people to hold it together.

As for China, hopefully the push back against their totally silent take over is enough to quell them however they've been allowed to get their fingers in just about every thing unabashed and unchallenged.

China has over 3,000 years of continuous recorded history. They have existed longer than any country by far. Western "new ideas" have come and gone many times and China lumbers along. Modern economies are driven by consumers, China has 4 billion of them. More by far than any western country or even group of western countries.

Physical war is already obsolete. The real war is AI, and China is ahead of us in that. They are positioning themselves for the future, we aren't. We have people who don't want to spend money of infrastructure because it will give a liberal president a win. It is infrastructure investment coming out of WWII that made us the most powerful country on the planet.

The real power the Chinese have is the unity of purpose. We have put our money on diversity (all diversity, not just black/white) as the weapon of choice. But we have "risked" diversity with a limiting shadow of one perspective rule. Unleashing this multitude of ideas is the only to fight China's superior numbers.

The reality is we may very well be number 2 to an emerging China. We need to realize that having the biggest economy is not equivalent to having the best economy. This is not the post-WWII economy, this will be different.

China has over 3,000 years of continuous recorded history. They have existed longer than any country by far. Western "new ideas" have come and gone many times and China lumbers along. Modern economies are driven by consumers, China has 4 billion of them. More by far than any western country or even group of western countries.

Physical war is already obsolete. The real war is AI, and China is ahead of us in that. They are positioning themselves for the future, we aren't. We have people who don't want to spend money of infrastructure because it will give a liberal president a win. It is infrastructure investment coming out of WWII that made us the most powerful country on the planet.

The real power the Chinese have is the unity of purpose. We have put our money on diversity (all diversity, not just black/white) as the weapon of choice. But we have "risked" diversity with a limiting shadow of one perspective rule. Unleashing this multitude of ideas is the only to fight China's superior numbers.

The reality is we may very well be number 2 to an emerging China. We need to realize that having the biggest economy is not equivalent to having the best economy. This is not the post-WWII economy, this will be different.
Great point western countries need free university/college and better schooling in general. A strong society is a smart society.

Just because they have seniority as a nation doesn't mean they have superiority in all categories. Any nation that has slaves is still toying with human elements that could backfire on them.

As far as physical war being obsolete... well... that might be true, however the threat of a conventional war still exist or we wouldn't be armed and ready for the moment it becomes more than a possibility. Do you really think Tiawan will sit back and let China take them over as they have planned to do for years? If Sleepy Joe wasn't on the clock my money says he encourages China to take anything they want except the Bank of China funds that Hunter is or was managing with his 2 other buddies.

As far as AI goes... we really need to up our spy intelligence systems like China has. I am not holding my breath for that to happen... Maybe the CIA is getting prepped for gender studies under the new leaders appointed by the new administration. As far as the USA not investing at AI.... what is happening at MIT these days? As well as Apple, Google, and Microsoft?

Unity of purpose... the Chinese are a hard working and resourceful culture... however, the CCP lives in fear because when the people have had enough of their crap the CCP will suffer.

This whole diversity / wokeness racket just another injection of progressive stupidness... add to that.... with racism being taught in our schools its finally getting the blowback it deserves. When you start broad brushing the entire white race as racist because they are white you know the losers on the left are desperately attempting to divide this country for some lame ulterior end result.

As far as our downfall goes... you can see it in the history books... when a portion of a countries population subscribe to some kind of sexual deviancy in a big way the end result will be a failure of that country. The end result the is family unit breaks down percentage wise and the core values tied too it diminish.

As far as being number one or number two... that is simply a big ego driven status seeking position to aspire too. Who cares who sells more? Most of it is junk from China and it eventually finds its way to the landfills of the world anyway. Consider how much China is polluting to put the world on notice that they are the biggest manufacturer of goods... I would rather have clean air, clean water, and quality products...

China... always playing the long game for world dominance... what TV show does that remind you of?

Back