Oklahoma Weather

I grew up in the North East. Snow-shmo. I can get where ever I need to get to if there isn't anyone else out on the roads. Problem is most of the folks around here end up running into each other and I end up spend an hour or more sitting on the highway waiting for the wrecks to be cleared. So I don't go out in it.

I remember when I lived up in north Ill. (McHenry/Fox Lake area), the first big snow of the season produced almost the same results as it does around here, a demolition derby.:laugh:

solid sheet of ice on the ground and it has started in with the icy mix that is covering everything

Yeah I have a solid sheet here also. Snowing a little as well. Didn't wanna get out in it but didn't have much choice unless I wanted to sleep at work. :(

Buddy of mine who is a trucker, unfortunate enough to be out in it, just called and said both sides on I-44 are closed at the MO-OK border.
Snowing hard now here in the Spfld area. Lotta wind and blowing snow too.

This was a few hours ago and still going strong. Tulsa area,
IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg
[/IMG]

They finally decided to shut the plant down that I work at so no work for me tonight woohoo. This stuff is CRAZY!! We are up to around 12" and I have a drift in front of the house that is around 4'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it's going to stay North of me (thank goodness); we got the ice storm just north of us last year, and it tore the heck out of the trees and power lines.

They finally decided to shut the plant down that I work at so no work for me tonight woohoo. This stuff is CRAZY!! We are up to around 12" and I have a drift in front of the house that is around 4'

Just now? Our plant suspended all operations yesterday at 5pm It's bad out
all these employers need to get their head out. Glad I'm union!!

Yeah I had to go back and pick my wife up. She works days and I work nights and I barely made it back up there to get her. I got stuck once but managed to get myself out. They should have closed it down when it started last night.

Yeah I had to go back and pick my wife up. She works days and I work nights and I barely made it back up there to get her. I got stuck once but managed to get myself out. They should have closed it down when it started last night.

If you were in that big ass truck of yours then my wife is in trouble cause she has to report to work tomorrow in the ER no matter what.

IMG_0125.jpg
[/IMG]

Yeah I was in that truck lol. If they can get out and scrape the roads it will get a lot better. We have a truck station right by us and all the plow trucks were back and shut off. I think they were giving up for a while.

If you don't have four wheel drive I wouldn't try to get out at all.

I really don't care about the snow (only about 6" here), but when I got up this morning it was 7 F with a windchill factor of -15 F. Tonight, it's suppose to go down to -2 F with a windchill of - 20 F :poke: . And to think, 4 days ago it was 75 F :cheerleader:

Good "Ole" Oklahoma weather :laugh:

i have to be at work tonight, we never close :banghead: guess i had better get some sleep :laugh:

Back