YES! Another gig!! Foo Fighters in D.C.!!

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I won tickets Thursday from HBO, saw 'em with about 400 - 500 other people in the smallest venue in D.C. We watched the D.C. version of Dave Grohl's HBO series Sonic Highways first, then were treated to a very intimate concert. :guitar:

The Foos played for 3 solid hours, no breaks, no encore, and this chick moshed for the first time ever and survived!!! OMG, what an experience!!! I'm just going to keep putting Foo Fighters shows on my bucket list because damn, I've never had so much fun!!!! I was close enough to Dave that I could touch him and his guitar :thumbsup: I didn't though...gotta respect the artist!! The stage was so small, this venue is so small, I still can't believe I was there...both shows I've seen now felt like once-in-a-lifetime gigs, and I've been lucky to see two now...

I was so close, I was reading their set list, which they didn't bother following :whistle:

This is the real set list, and some pics...none of these pics were zoomed in. I was that frickin' close to the entire band the whole night! And I fought the entire night to stay there among a ton of insane fans moshing!! It was fantastic!!! :woot:

Well, seems I can't post pics today; here's a link to the pics :D

DC Foo Fighters Gig at The Black Cat

cap fixed the glitch; now I can post pics :)

BlackCatDC.jpg

DC FF setlist.jpg

TomMichelle.jpg

SonicHighways.jpg

FooFriends.jpg

Dave3.jpg

DaveTaylorNate.jpg

FOOS.jpg

PAT2.jpg

Dave.jpg

Congrats on winning the tickets.:thumbsup:
Looks like you had a lot of fun.

So when are you going to see them again, good things come in threes.

now that is an intimate venue :beerchug: when are they going to do a private concert in your living room? i think that's the only way it could get any better :thumbsup:

When I do get them in my living room, only those that bothered to reply to this thread will be invited :whistle:

newman, they're touring in 2015, and I know they'll be going to RFK stadium in D.C. I guess I'll be doing my best to get there, but it won't be up close and personal like this show was :(

Foo fighters rock!

Absolutely awesome!

Lamb will be seeing them this tour as well.

Fantastic venue for sure...what a score.

Foo fighters rock!

Absolutely awesome!

Lamb will be seeing them this tour as well.

Fantastic venue for sure...what a score.

You're not far from LA Lamb...they'll end up doing a secret gig there too, small venue no doubt. Keep an eye and ear out for it and get there if you can!!!!

This fridays hbo series has the foo hanging with zac brown band...Yes!!

Love that song feast and the famine! My dad asked me to turn it off, it was making him nervous!! yyyyeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhh! Still screaming til i die!!! yyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh!

This fridays hbo series has the foo hanging with zac brown band...Yes!!

Love that song feast and the famine! My dad asked me to turn it off, it was making him nervous!! yyyyeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhh! Still screaming til i die!!! yyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Yep, two of my girlfriends scored tix to the Nashville surprise gig! They'll get to see the screening of Sonic Highways there and do what I just did in D.C.

I'm loving the series, learning about what's behind each song Dave's written. I'm partial to Something from Nothing so far, the Chicago-influenced song :thumbsup:

Cannot wait for the entire release, November 10th!!

If you come up THIS close I better see yer face missy...just sayin...:whistle:

Got my tickets today :)! $157 for Gen Adm +:firing: service/delivery fee $8.25 +??? payment processing fee $8.03...roll on Feb :guitar:

Got my tickets today :)! $157 for Gen Adm +:firing: service/delivery fee $8.25 +??? payment processing fee $8.03...roll on Feb :guitar:

Awesome!!! Got our tix for the RFK July 4th show...can't wait!

Are you on the UK Foo Fighter's FB site by any chance? It's huge, like 17,000+ members...

Awesome!!! Got our tix for the RFK July 4th show...can't wait!

Are you on the UK Foo Fighter's FB site by any chance? It's huge, like 17,000+ members...

Ah nope have resisted FB... that RFK show looks pretty awesome lucky you guys :thumbsup:

Back