Battery dead in 2005 busa???

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
Busa only has 3,000 miles on it and the battery is dead as a door nail. Charged it up once and 1 week later, same thing.....dead! I am thinking there has to be something putting a draw on it while it is at rest. Has anyone else had this problem?

It is also leaking oil again inbetween the water pump/oil pump shaft o ring. This was replaced once under factory warrany and now it will be going in again.

An alarm will cause battery drain whether it's armed or not. If you don't have an alarm, charge the battery and leave it disconnected from the bike for a week. If it's drained, you have shorted cell. If not something on the bike is draining it. Typically it'll be an aftermarket accessory.

no aftermarket parts other than slip-ons. I will try leaving it disconnected for a week and see if it dies again.

buy a cheap multi meter under 20 bucks , disconect the neg battery terminal set the meter to 20v and then place the meter between the battery and negative wire if you have a draw it will read on the meter . if you do have a draw , you then can start removing fuses from the fuse box to narrow down the search area when the draw goes to 0 you know that fuse is the area of the draw, you can also pull your battery and take it to your local autoparts store and they can check it for you . good luck

Is it still under warrantee?  If so, and you have no mods, I'd make it the dealers problem.

<!--EDIT|BusaWhipped
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141693250 -->

buy a cheap multi meter under 20 bucks , disconect the neg battery terminal  set the meter to 20v and then place the meter between  the battery and negative  wire if you have a draw it will read on the meter .  if you do have a draw , you then can start removing fuses from the fuse box to narrow down the search area  when the draw goes to 0 you know that fuse is the area of the draw, you can also pull your battery and take it to your  local  autoparts  store and they can check it for you .  good luck
20 "Volt" scale won't show anything. He'll need to use an "Amp" scale, preferably low as the draw will probably be in the ma range.

Busa only has 3,000 miles on it and the battery is dead as a door nail.  Charged it up once and 1 week later, same thing.....dead!  I am thinking there has to be something putting a draw on it while it is at rest.  Has anyone else had this problem?

It is also leaking oil again inbetween the water pump/oil pump shaft o ring.  This was replaced once under factory warrany and now it will be going in again.
I once turned the key too far, past off and lock to the park position. That keeps the tail light burning and ran my battery dead in a day. I don't know if that is what is up with yours, but you never know.

Kevin

i had the same issue, the dealer came picked up the bike gave me a new batt and tested everything and brought the bike back, all for free!
warantee's are awesome...sometimes
biggrin.gif

Busa only has 3,000 miles on it and the battery is dead as a door nail.  Charged it up once and 1 week later, same thing.....dead!  I am thinking there has to be something putting a draw on it while it is at rest.  Has anyone else had this problem?

It is also leaking oil again inbetween the water pump/oil pump shaft o ring.  This was replaced once under factory warrany and now it will be going in again.
I once turned the key too far, past off and lock to the park position. That keeps the tail light burning and ran my battery dead in a day. I don't know if that is what is up with yours, but you never know.

Kevin
Hell yeah...I can't believe how many times I've done that over the years.
The Honda acc. position is different than the Zuk so it's just that much more confusing. Now when I'm in a parking lot during mid afternoon I look like an idiot trying to peer into my tail light to make sure the bulb isn't lit.
smile.gif
Of course that's after double and triple checking to make sure the kickstand is all the way forward. Hopefully I never get video taped and end up on eBaums world!

I got the battery all charged up and It is sitting disconnected right now. It is still under warranty so it will be there job to find the draw
smile.gif
I am having new sprockets and a new chain put on and having that leak fixed, so they can just hit it all at once.

Back