Bad news  /worse news

Tree

Registered
OK you all know I've been on the hunt for a job since April.  I've had several very promising opportunities that flopped.  Several of you helped by sending what you could, and I couldn't be more thankfull.  I finally found my last stash of cash the middle of last month, thought I'd lost it completely.  My wife is on my but to get any job I.E. laborer.  I would love this.  I actualy realy enjoy labor intensive jobs.  BUT...  My more recent background (8 years) is all sitting behind a computer.  No place will hire a Mechanical Designer to do labor.  No one here (her or her family) seems to get this.  A good example of this came last week when I appilied for a position.  I filled out the application and the ladys first response was "This is how much you make a week?"  I replied, "yes, but I still need a job, and haven't worked since April."  Just due to the slack jaw look on her face, I knew I was SOL.   The Busa (and other bills) are safe untill X-mas at least.

Now today I get the phone call:  Dad has Andocarcinoma (cancer) in both lungs.  He was told it is only going to get worse over the next few months.  There is no cure and they even told him that chemo was only going to prolong things, not make anything better.  I don't have much of a relationship with my parents, never seemed to.  I (as a child) was never a priority.  (When I was 12, I was the adult)  I never let it bother me, and I suppose it made me stronger for it.  They are both on Social Security (65 dad & 63 mom), dad has a small pension from his work.  Other than this they have NOTHING!!!  And I mean Nothing!  I have a feeling I am going to get stuck paying for a funeral that I don't have money for, and neither do they.  

Every time things start to look better I get crapped on.  I can't seem to win for loosing.  Please excuse my ranting, I just needed to vent.  I am just at my witt's end.

Sorry to waste you time,

Steve
:rant:

Hang in there Tree...You know the man doesn't put any burden's on you that you cannot carry...Rant on if you need to, but there is light at the end of the tunnel...

Yeah Stunnah, just as long as it isn't the head light of the on coming train. That would be par for the course.

Later,

Steve

Hang in there Tree ,Stunnah is on the money.Cant believe how one is tested at times and then low and behold,without even realizing it has been coming you'll be saying wow this is pretty cool when did it happen.All the best bud.

real sorry about your situation. try to keep your chin up usually when things seem hopeless something gives so you can get through it . btw your not wasting anyones time this board has helped people in a lot of ways.

You are allowed to vent.. You will come back. I know I can say that. Some years (11) back I lost my dad 2 months later I lost my brother. Two days later I lost my twin Shetland sheep dogs, followed 3 days by my cat who was attacked by a Coyote and killed. (I hated cats except for this one) Heffer. One week later the company I worked for was bought out and had to re-size, which left me out of a job. From there my friend it was all roses again, but I thought I would never get there. YOU WILL GET THERE>>> My 3 sons Mike, Justin, and Thanh, and my 3 pets Maggie, Jade, and Snickers (Yes another cat) all think so.

Tree,
Whenever I find that times are getting too tough to handle, I try to remind myself that life is cyclic. You're just at a low point right now. It will get better! It is tough to see it now, but things will get better.
Keeping this in mind, I find that when things are going well, I try to take the time to stop for a moment and appreciate it.
Keep the shiny side up! You will once again have one of these moments!

Hang in there tree, Im unemployed in a few months too although it seems somewhat trivial in comparison to your family problems that you are going through. Prayers are free and I am sure many will be said for you and your father daily from members on the board, take comfort in that and remember you are a surviver not a victim.

Cap

We all will wish you and your family the best and hope and pray for you Tree. Your dad will get better.

Gambatte kudasai ("keep your chin up"). All evens out in the wash my brotha! My wife and I are praying for you.

A cheery day is around the corner,
Vaughn

Sorry about all the bad news Tree...it does seem that once things start to fall apart, they continue a downward spiral for a while...have faith, things will begin to look up in time...

Vent all you want to, especially here...lots of people here to listen to you...

Good luck with the job search...that might be a way up and out of what you're living with right now...and, sorry about your father...sounds like a hard road up ahead for him and your entire family...my thoughts are with you and yours...

Sorry to waste you time,

Steve
:rant:
Dude... You ain't wasting ANYone's time. Its pretty obvious from the title what this thread is about, so if they read it they must have some intrest. So don't sweat it.

Hard to do at times but just keep a poaitive attitude & continue to be pro active and things will turn around for you.

Sorry to hear that Tree.... Keep faith up, things will get better. My Prayers to you and your family.

Well this weekend is now planned out. My wife and I have a wedding tomorrow, this is also our anniversary. Then first thing Sunday morning we are heading to Ohio to see the parents, pick up tools and other miscelaneous items. Monday is dad's 67th birthday and most likely his last. I should know more after the trip, as I plan on getting the info straight from the Dr. Thank you all for your support. This board has been a community that I have grown attached to as a part of my daily life. There are friends that I have made here that will last a lifetime. And I can not express how much I appreciate all that you have done for me.

Everyone have a good weekend. I'll let you know what's up on Tuesday or so.

Talk to you later,

Steve

Well we got back from Ohio on Monday evening. The final results from the tests came back yesterday. He has 6 months, max. It has spread through his bones and brain. No real positive sides here except I found out they have just enough insurance to cover the funeral costs for both of them. Dad won't face the reality of this and mom is waiting for him to not wake up. They are going to try radiation, and then possibly chemo, if the radiation doesn't kill him or make him crazy.

Thanks for the support,

Steve

I know it was a tough trip to see your parents Steve...no good news on all fronts, but please lean on friends both here and in your day-to-day life for support...

I'll be thinking of your family and all that you're going through...

Sorry to hear about your dad, and the job. The only advice I have to offer is to pray for understanding and strength. Stunnah had it right, the lord will not put more on you than you can handle. "Faith" is the key, we all go through trials, and it's to make us realize that if we just put our trust in him, (Jesus) he will carry us through. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen" Hebrews 11 v.1. We all are blessed people,we go out on these amazing HP machines, doing stunts, or filling our need for speed or just profiling. We all have had near misses, or tank slappers, close calls, but we survived for a reason. It's good to count our blessings, but it's even better to get to know him better, to show him that we appreciate him for blessing us each time we push that start button, till the time we come home to who ever or what ever.
You will know you are on the right track when you begin to understand why things are the way they are. Sorry to be long but I have to take advantage of the opportunity when it arrises.

Back