More bad news...

Sorry to hear of your step dad's situation. Michelle, please know you and he are in our thoughts and prayers.

my grandmother who raised me passed from liver cancer three yrs ago. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Sorry to hear the bad news
sad.gif
thoughts and prayers to you and your family   Rich

Sorry to hear the news Michelle
sad.gif
Best Wishes to you and your family during these rough times.

Michelle sry to hear the news...... Prayers sent for you and your family......

"May the lord shed his blessings and strengths upon you and your family in these trying times...." me

Guys, thanks so much...from the bottom of my heart, I mean that. It really means so much to know that so many have been here with family and friends, that it seems while I feel our family is all alone right now, indeed we are not...I wish that weren't the case, but I've seen so many suffering in the last few days. Hospitals are very sad places...

I only have a few moments...I've been running top speed trying to ease the burden of arranging hospice care, cleaning my Mom's home, taking care of her dog, etc...I am whipped and hope I'm close to being just sick of crying soon...I finally gave up on wearing contacts just a while ago...

Donnie's somewhat lucid at times. Yesterday was very tough; he had dimentia and the only thing he'd respond to that made sense was when we'd say "I love you"...his reply was always in kind. Otherwise, he was very much not himself, but seemed to be in no pain and the best we can guess, he was sorting through old memories in the recesses of his mind, playing out opening peanuts and eating 'em, smoking a pipe which he hasn't done in all the years I've known him...it was sad, yet comforting in some small way...like he's traveling down some road in his mind, and in no pain...

Today is much different. He's trying so hard to wake up and talk, but can't...he's slipping fast, and for that, I know we are all thankful. It's how he'd want it...we think he did say this morning "I want to go home", so that's our only focus for now...he's scheduled to be released early tomorrow...

Time is short, just a few days we think...

I bought him a Father's Day card today, hoping he'll be lucid enough to have it read to him, so he'll know how much he's meant to me and to my Mom for so many years...the next week is going to be tough...I'm quite sick of crying...

Thanks for listening everyone...Rubbah, I'd call you, but all you'd hear is sniffling, sobbing and maybe some nose blowing on the other end...thank you for the offer though...

Thanks for the update, Michelle, and hopefully he will continue to feel no pain. Comfort is probably the best thing for him now. Let us know what we can do!

very sorry to hear about your step-father. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Thanks guys...the last 3 days have been the toughest in my life...
sad.gif

Donnie's heading home in just a few hours...I'll be at work for a few hours, then I'm heading home to do what I can to help...my sister's flying in from CO tomorrow evening in the hopes that she'll get to see him...

Back