More bad news...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I've posted about my step-father before...stage 4 colon cancer...it's taken over his body and his time is short...

He'd been doing so great despite having it finally make its way to his brain...just last week he was at my house eating a huge dinner and watching two of his many grandchildren play outside and ride on go-carts...it was bitter sweet because I suspected it would be his last trip to my home...

Sunday in the wee hours of the morning he became very incoherent...he didn't know where he was or who he was...he'd look at my Mom as if he didn't see her standing there at all...she called 911 and he took a ride in an ambulance to the ER...I spent all day there yesterday with her and him, trying to do what I could to help, waiting for his daughters to arrive from all over...it was slow, but he started to come around, seemed to understand what I'd say to him, seemed to know who I was...by the end of the day, he was talking to everyone, fully aware of where he was though he didn't remember anything about being out of it the night before...

Today, he took a turn for the worst...his doc says he likely has more tumors in his brain, and his lungs are full of cancer...it's attacked him with a vengeance these last few weeks, but this truly shocks us all...I just got back from spending 2 hours with him and my Mom, talking to his daughters...he's hallucinating and doesn't seem to recognize us today, he's doing very odd things and saying things that make no sense...

Cancer is cruel...I'm sure so many of you know what my family is going through right now. I wish like hell cancer never existed, as many do...I'm trying to arrange things with my step-sisters to make sure my Mom has help aside from just hospice...I don't think he'll be here long...I hate to see him suffer in any way, but he's in no pain, at least not right now...seems that it's family that suffers when loved ones get to this point...

Thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated for my stepfather and my Mom...his daughters and everyone that loves him so...we're arranging hospice to come in and we're just hoping to get him home tomorrow or the next day...my Mom's promise to him was to be at home and not in a hospital...
sad.gif

Sorry to hear that, Michelle! Hope he takes an equally sharp turn to the positive! Know its got to be tough for you and all the family. Prayers going out for you!

It's a rollercoaster ride I am all too familiar with.

I've been there, and can certainly relate to your pain.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Cancer is a horrific desease, the effects can linger well beyond the passing of the person who suffered from it.

My prayers to you and your family......

Damn the gene pool for allowing cancer!
AAAssjani.gif

I'm really sorry to here about that Michelle. I know he must have enjoyed the time at your house. I hope he's not in pain. Unfortunately or parents won't live forever, but I'd rather see them go happy and at peace with the themselves, than suffering from the cruelty called cancer. You did the right thing by allowing him to enjoy his grandchildren and daughter for the time he was there. He'll remember that when he's coherent.

As always, my prayers are with you and your family.

Doug

I'm so very sorry to read this, Michelle..
sad.gif

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family..

God's Blessings go to your and all of yours....I know what you are going through my fiance who is 27 yrs. old had breast cancer. She was lucky and kicked the monster because they found it in time.

<!--EDIT|chowan24
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116920634 -->

Hang in there Michelle. We are very saddened by the bad news. Bob
sad.gif

phone ol' Rubb if you need too, a little break from reality...

you've got the numbers...call collect...save your $ for booze.

I've buried lot's... does it get easier each time?

No. It doesn't, and no, it shouldn't.

I feel for ya girl....ol' Rubb loves ya... and is thinkin' bout you.

Michelle, I took that ride with my Grandfather a few years ago, then my Uncle next... cancer is a disease that hurts all. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Back