Bad news today

Doug,
I do not know what to say. Get home and see him as soon as you can. It will be the best thing for Him and you.
I went through this last year.
God bless your Dad and your family.
My heart truly goes out to you Doug.

Omnipotent and eternal God, the everlasting Salvation of those who believe, hear us on behalf of Thy sick servant, Mr. Truex, for whom we beg the aid of Thy pitying mercy, that, with his bodily health restored, he may give thanks to Thee in Thy church. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear Jesus,
Divine Physician and Healer of the sick, we turn to you in this time of illness. O dearest comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our worries in your hands. We place our sick under your care and humbly ask that you restore your servant to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge your will and know that whatever you do, you do for the love of us. Amen.

Here's an update:

Dad talked to the Oncologist today. They said the cancer is a slow growing type, and the damage is not as bad as they thought it was. With good treatment they think he'll have more years to harass us!

Whew!
smile.gif

I hope Michelle is holding up okay. My thoughts are still with you Michelle!

That's great news Doug!! My Dad battled back also. Keep the faith and keep him in good spirits and hopefully the news will continue to be good.

<!--EDIT|FL Knifemaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117283362 -->

Here's an update:

Dad talked to the Oncologist today.  They said the cancer is a slow growing type, and the damage is not as bad as they thought it was.  With good treatment they think he'll have more years to harass us!

Whew!  
smile.gif

I hope Michelle is holding up okay.  My thoughts are still with you Michelle!
That's GREAT!! I'm glad he has such a positive attitude! Sometimes attitude is EVERYTHING!! Thinking of you and Michelle as well!!!

thumbs-up.gif

Back