Dad just had a heart attack

prayers sent, my wife's mother had a stroke this past april, then 2 weeks ago she had a heart attack, she got lucky both times and was ok, the stroke they used some new meds that you can only administer within an hour of a stroke and it worked ..the heart attack she had they had to put in 2 stints to save her...she still wont stop smoking and she is heading towards obesity! she gets to come home tomorrow, my wife is due with our 1st child any day now, so she is glad that grandma will atleast get to see grandchild... I hope your story works out well too
:beerchug:

Thanks everyone. Dad is stable on oxygen. He had one big clot the broke into three parts and entered his heart. The have him on thinners to disolve the clots. He may be released tomorrow if everything looks good. He did stop smoking when he lost a lung. Now the chemotherapy is trying to kill him.

Sorry for whining at you last night BA. Hopefully thing will go better for you too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Update - Dad didn't have a heart attack as the doctor previously thought. He had a blood clot that was caused by his cancer and the treatments. The clot broke up and got into his lung and caused his severe shortness of breathe. If the clots got into his heart he would not have made it to the hospital.

I spoke with him last night. He was tired, but doing well. He may be going home later today if everything looks good.

I'm kinda late here as I just read that he might be comming home. That's great news. I will send a prayer for your Dad and your family........

Glad your dad is stable bro... I feel what your going through man. May of this year my dad and mom visited me.. As he lives in Africa due to his line of work, I made sure he gets full medical check up here before leaving. All tests showed his health is top notch. He travelled, my mom wanted to stay a bit longer.. 2 days after I get a call, dad is in a comma... a vain in his head popped. Doctors where not sure from what... Took emergency leave and attended to him. WAS THE WORST TIME OF MY LIFE... cut the story short, he is unable to walk now without assistance, short term memory is horrible... vision blurred. doctors say he may remain like this. they are not sure... visisted him last week and took him for some tests.. doctors say we should wait for another 2-3 months until the blood in his head clear before they can do anything...

Life man! WTF... He was healthy I swear... He is an Airline Captain. He cant frick drive a car now... 1 day you can fly a plane, the next you cant walk to the bathroom.

My prayers are for my dad and yours bro!!! It hurts man!

Sorry to hear about you dad too neo. I will keep good thoughts going his way as well.

The worst part of this is I'm stuck just 4.5 hours away, because I can't drive there to be with them right now. I've got to get way to do for work first.
Posted via Mobile Device

Update - Dad didn't have a heart attack as the doctor previously thought. He had a blood clot that was caused by his cancer and the treatments. The clot broke up and got into his lung and caused his severe shortness of breathe. If the clots got into his heart he would not have made it to the hospital.

I spoke with him last night. He was tired, but doing well. He may be going home later today if everything looks good.

Glad you Pops is doing better, TruWrecks!

I am sorry about your Father, too Neo. Life is not always explainable. Hang in there. Look for the positive. God talks straight with crooked lines.

Prayers sent to both Truwrecks and Neon's families. :please: Hang in there guys! Let us know if you need anything.

Sorry TruWrecks, When I came to the computer this morning and found out about Don, I just was shocked. I sincerely hope your dad does good and that they have him fixed. Mine had a stroke in Jan. but is doing OK. Youall take care and may God bless you.

Back