Bad News about my fathers health...

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
For the past few months, my father has been battling cancer, in his lungs, lymphnodes, kidneys, etc.. some form of Luekemia.
Today, my father was taken to the local hospital (back home in Frankfort, Michigan) after my mom convinced him to go from chest pains and dizzyness etc.. After a quick examination, they discovered he has suffered a series of heart attacks, and is carrying way above abnormal amount of fluid in his legs, chest (pressuring the heart and lungs). This is believed to be a result from his chemotherapy and radiation breaking his body down, and having complications. Local hospital rushed him to the regional hospital (about 50miles from my mom's house, Traverse City, MI). He will be undergoing several fluid evac's, as much as his body will handle to relieve the pressure, and drain out the fluid. Simultaneously, he is undergoing measures to keep his heart pumping, and blood from clotting, again, as his body will handle it.
Apparently Friday was supposed to be his last full body radiation treatment. Early last week the Oncologist identified his white cell count was nearly diminished, and discovered his red blood count was also abnormally low. They gave him a series of shots, I'm guessing to help his blood production. Normally his radiation was 15min. This last friday, they sent him in for 30min, even after the signs of his body being in distress. Not exactly sure WTF they did, or not. As of now, my mom is on standby, the Oncologist told her "Yes Ma'am, this is serious enough I wouldn't make any plans on him coming home soon, if at all!" My mom of course is flipping out.

I may have to move on the 15th, get unloaded and pack up to get my ass off to Michigan. Hopefully he will be able to hold out that long. I will process as much stuff as I can until then, but my jump off the sites and communication trail for a few days, not only for the move, but in the event my father passes. I will keep you updated on this as it develops.

Sincerly,

Charlie

sounds exactly like what I'm going thru. I can tell you they can get rid of that fluid pretty quick. My dad was in the hospital almost a month. Fluid had filled up to his heart.

My prayers are with you and your family. Hopefully he'll pull thru. Be strong for your family.

Sorry to hear Cat. He'll be in my prayers.My thoughts will also be with you and your mom.

Charlie,
PM sent... please respond as soon as possible, if possible.

Sorry to hear about you father,, Prayers sent!

So sorry to hear, Charlie!
sad.gif
Thoughts and prayers out to you and your family!

Sorry to hear about this development Charlie. And believe me when I say that I went through the exact same thing with my mother a little over 20 years ago. The sad thing is in the end, it's not the cancer that kills you, it's actually the diminishing of bodily function as a result of the chemo. My prayers go out to you and your family dude. If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to hit me up. Even if it's just to talk.

I appreciate all the prayers, and hope they buy him enough time to meet his granddaughter, who's now a year old but he's never met. I am linking my mom to the posts, I think it will make her smile and take her away from the pain if only for a minute. And I know she will print them out and read them to my dad. Thank you everyone.

Charlie

You and your family are in my prayers. My father who is 89 just was released from a 10 day stay at the hospital and I can relate to your situation. May God grant your family strength and peace while dealing with this illness. Let your dad know how much you love him.

cancer is an awfuk thing to deal with. it is unfortunate that this is happening to your father. my prayers are with ur father and the rest of your family!!

Back