My Step-father could use your help today

sad.gif

Dang Michelle, I sure hate to hear stuff like this. He will definitely be in my prayers, and if there's anything you all need, and if I can help... don't hesitate!!

Brian
sad.gif

Will have him on my prayers and may God keep on giving your mom the strength needed to get through this!

Thank you for the advise!
wink.gif

Update:

Surgery's over...they couldn't get the "filter" in either leg, so they went straight for the jugular (no pun intended)...he's recovering...no word if he's heading home tomrrow or not though...

Thanks for your thoughts today everyone...it really helps a lot...
blush.gif

Sorry to hear that Va................prayers sent for you and your fam..................never stop talking to the big guy upstairs..............best wishes and give your mom a hug from me!!!!!

done deal....prayers sent skyward and thoughts being sent his way.

Stay strong, Va...I know you can do it.
wink.gif

Sorry to hear about this Michelle.
sad.gif
I'll be sending up some thoughts and prayers for him.

Hope all goes well for your father and step-father. My dad is battling cancer right now as well. The best thing is to make sure that everyone has a positive outlook on the situation. I know at times it can be hard but it is truly the best medicine.

Best wishes to evrybody. My prayers go out to all.

I lost a Grandfather to cancer about two years ago. The rest of my relatives were to scared to take him anywhere after he had a stroke. My brother and I went to the nursing home right after breakfast, and check Grandpa out for the day. They gave us plenty of oxygen to last the day for him. We took him home to visit with his cat "Baby". He and Baby enjoyed the visit. Then we took him to the zoo for most of the day. I told Grandpa to let me know when he wanted to go back. We stayed out until after dinner.

The nursing home staff said he talked about that day until the day he went into a coma. I helped make his last days, his best days! What a day! I know he died at peace.

Don't treat them like they're going to break into a million pieces. Help them do something that they enjoy.

Thank you everyone!

TruWrecks, what a great story...so sad that he's gone, but so inspiring that you did something for him that carried him through his last days...great advice, too - we won't treat him as so fragile that we forget to help him enjoy life...getting him the golf cart is a start!
smile.gif

Update today - he's on his way home right now. They went ahead and did the first of 10 radiation treatments to his brain, and he did fine...he's just happy to be heading home right now...

Thanks again everyone...
smile.gif
You guys/gals helped me not fall apart yesterday...

smile.gif

prayers sent i went thru cancer at 33 years of age im 39 now all is well but i sure know how it feels please give him my best
Rich

Em... you know I'm not the prayin' type...

I just force life into givin' me what I want...

but I feel for ya...

If ya want , I could pretend to be a devout Catholic, commit suicide, ask forgiveness for all my sins, get up to heaven...
an' tell GOD to make this one right... or I'll kick his azz.

you've got the number.... RSD.

Donnie's been battling colon cancer for nearly 4 years now.  After a couple of years of what we thought was remission, it's come back with a vengeance.  He now has stage 4 colon cancer, affecting his bladder and kidneys; yesterday he had an emergency CT SCAN only to find out that tumors are in his brain.  They saw two and said there may be more too small to show up with the scan.

Today he's in the hospital, having a "filter" put in his leg to "catch" blood clots, then by Friday, he'll be starting the first of 10 radiation treatments on his brain, hoping to help alleviate further damage from the tumors.  Previous to yesterday's news, Donnie opted to stop all treatments; he's pretty much exhausted them all over the last year.

My Mom's holding up very well, staying strong for him; I honestly don't know how she's doing it.  I know that the last year has really taken a toll on them both.  Just pass along some good thoughts and prayers his way today, if you would...

Here it goes...Michelle's PSA -

AND, I encourage you GUYS to think about getting screened for cancer.  I've been preaching to my father about it lately; he doesn't want to hear it.  He's of the mind set that "what you don't know, won't hurt you".  Watching my step-father go down like he has is nothing short of tragic.  A perfectly healthy, active man in his early 60's and now he's in the battle of his life and losing ground.  I also got news within the last week that my Uncle has prostate cancer and is getting ready to undergo treatment for that...

Think you're too young to worry about these things?  I have a family member that battled prostate cancer (and won) when he was in his early 30's...

So, guys, please go get regular physicals, and think about the various cancer screenings available.  Women routinely go for physicals and I'm getting ready to enter the painful, yet necessary realm of mammograms myself.  In light of what I've witnessed with my step-father, I know I'll be going for a colonoscopy when I get a little older.  Men seem to be a bit less concerned about such things, at least that's my experience with the men in my life.  
rock.gif

Just get checked...it could save your life...and encourage your brothers, fathers and grandfathers to do the same...
um, on a serious note.. having lost several loved family members to cancer... I only wanted to read your initial post... to stay focused on your  requests.

an now for the comedic relief:
Here it goes...Michelle's PSA -

AND, I encourage you GUYS to think about getting screened for cancer. [/QUOTE]
do you have any good lookin sisters? "cough cough"

Back