Any way to fake a new busa in a sale??

Sort it out, whatever it is, and ride with a clear mind.

Welcome to the club; and congrats on your awesome new toy.

I had a friend in another state look at a 2007 Busa for me last spring. It was brand new, never titled and came with full warranty. Funny thing was that it had 6,000 miles on it. One of the mechanics had been using it for commuting with dealer plates. I didnt buy it because it was very "used" with lots of imperfections. Bet Suzuki would like to speak with that dealer if they knew about it. I wouldnt be surprised at anything a dealer would do to make a sale. Anyway, good luck with your bike !

Good luck with your new purchase, but it's a shame you're hung up on the color. You can get a 09 model for less than what you paid for an 08 if you shop around.
For me, it's out of the crate with "ZERO" miles on the odo, no other options!

Yeah, one of the best pieces of advice I have ever heard is to never consider color at all when buying a bike. It's true but I knew I would have to repaint either of the other two choices I had from 08 to look like a b/o or buy b/o fairings. The cost of those two options seemed to justify paying more for a genuine b/o.

Checked on my busa tonight and the stealer did a nice job buffing the tank and hump. I see no signs of rock strikes to radiator (hey cool - there are two rads - one on top of the the other!) just a couple bugs stuck in there which I might expect even after just 3 miles. No pebbles in fairings. Exhaust was almost completely free of soot.

One thing that looked a little funny was that the oil seemed a bit darker than I would expect for 3 miles. It was transparent but certainly darker than a honey color like fresh oil should be. What do you think, burning off anti corrosives inside brand new engine?

Last edited:
Bottom line - are you going to feel good after the transaction is completed? If yes, then complete the deal. If not, then walk away.

Bottom line - are you going to feel good after the transaction is completed? If yes, then complete the deal. If not, then walk away.

Better words could not be said..............:thumbsup:
Personally if it was I ............... I'd walk as peace of mind doesn't have a price. :beerchug:

That'd be a thousand dollar walk all for oil color. Everything else looks good. Somebody must be able to confirm whether or not oil darkens rapidly in a new engine. I'll have to go out there AGAIN to look at the oil in better light. Being a perfectionist is rough on a guy.

When I took mine I did notice the oil darkened very quickly. Even when you change it it does not take long to darken again, youll see when you own it and do your own work.

Thank you, Caperj....thank you thank you thank you!! I went out to look today. It did look a tad dark. It's hard to tell how much because I am used to looking at my Kawi sightglass which has less depth between the glass and the metal level gauge. Kawi is bound to look a little lighter because you are looking through less oil. I decided to listen to my senses. I believe the bike had no oil in it. They told me the battery was dry also. I do not sense a decption so I am going to pick it up Saturday or Monday. I will post pics soon even though I know you've all seen stock b/os before.

It cost me 1K earnest money to have the bike delivered from out of state. I did not pay anything else yet, though I am sure I will take it. I don't think i got an outstanding deal, but it was a fair deal. $11,700 tax, lic, prep, doc all included to get the b/o color I wanted. I am sure they made money, even having to drive 800 miles to get it.

I know how to fix minor scuffs and surface scratching but that is the last thing I expect to see on a new bike. I think they should have taken the time to restore the surface before i viewed the bike. That is rule #1 when selling a used bike, it should certainly be for selling a new one. My old bike with 12000 miles on it has a flawless surface. I expected this to be at least as good. This is sort of an emotional purchase but I don't think my expectations are too high to want a bike that looks like new. It will get that way if i need to do it myself.

Most important, the bike is new on the inside. Thanks for the reassuring comments. I can't wait to take her out on her first ride. :thumbsup:

Maybe a fair deal, I paid 11.3k dec of '08, and other people were paying in the 10's back then. Why not an '09?, picture perfect.

Last edited:
Got sick of screwing around. I checked about every WI dealer I could find.

I didn't even balk at my dealer's price of 11,500 OTD for the '08 ZX-14 in April of 08. I did some digging on the busa and it seems like I better grab one before the season is done. I did ask about 09s but they were going for more like 12K + tax and probably everything else.

Maybe you guys will teach me how to internet shop for a crated bike on the next one.

If your un happy, why did you take possession of the bike?

As for the swirls, it just from them wiping the bike down over the last year while it sat on the floor!

Also there is no way that they could have turn the odometer back with out replace it!

+1 If you were not happy you should have never taken posession of the bike. When I buy a bike I always like to look at it in detail... I spend at least 10-15 minutes looking at everything...

Anytime if you need any info people here are more than willing to help. Enjoy your bike you will love it. Its my second year with mine, longest i've kept a sport bike, I have no intention of changing out anytime soon.

Get used to it then change out the things that make it more comfy. I personally did the levers first, went with CRG thet gen 1 levers are the same for gen 2 CRG. Then when you can look at a good exhaust and dont look back.

+1 If you were not happy you should have never taken posession of the bike. When I buy a bike I always like to look at it in detail... I spend at least 10-15 minutes looking at everything...

Ha- 10-15 minutes? I've spent at least an hour so far. I think that would have been largely avoided if they would have shined it up thoroughly for me before I viewed it. Presentation is at least as important as quality in closing a deal.

It is not a matter of taking possession yet because I have not paid the balance. It is a matter of losing possession of the $1,000 deposit I put down on it so they would go get it. It really doesn't matter now. I'm sure it will be awesome and this will just be a lesson in buying site unseen that I will learn without suffering any major consequences.

Now if there is any tacking on additional charges when i go Saturday, I will walk away from my $1000. That be some major consequences.

Not sure on the 3 K rule as a minimum :whistle: MY rule is if it's ridden i don't buy it :moon: .......... as i explain don't want the apprentice flogging it to death around the block in the first few K's. I've even brought in the crate ............. it's like unwrapping a big x-mas present :cheerleader:
As for losing your 1K .............. a thing called consumer law here in Oz would mean they had to refund all money if item does not meet requirements.
As has been said as long as your happy Mythos with the deal / bike then thats what matters
:beerchug:

I watched them unpack my bike from the crate. I was and still the only person who has ever ridden my bike from 0 miles up to almost 17000. The place where i bought mine closed at 6 i waited there to almost 8 that night making sure it was fully prepped and ready to go. Good luck with your new scoot.

Back