best way to sell?

teryx

Registered
have to sell my 09, your thoughts on best way. I "think" a good price is around 8500-9000 for bone stock," she only has 700 miles" I have put a bit of money into it
V&H Header $450
Yosh slip ons $450
Helibars $200
Speedo healer $100
Dunlop Q2's $350
Corbin Leather seat $300.
Steel braided lines $200
Varshra brake pads $150
fender eliminator $100
$2100 in all, so I was thinking around $10k would be fair, "1/2 off all the extras" but I am sure that will be a streatch, so should I just put it back to stock "sell for $8500" and sell the extra parts piece meal for half the cost and end up at the same $10000 price?

depends on the buyer man, mods don't add much value to the bike, sucks i know.....especially if you go to a dealer. good luck with the sell. if you'd want to part with that seat just send me a pm.

I sold my 08 in October, nobody would jump on my $8500 price I wanted, I put it on craigslist locally no hits, so I turned it 100% stock, put $7500 sold it in a week.

I then sold all the aftermarket stuff on here and eBay and ended up making around $1300 on parts. So it worked out better in the end. Sell it stock.

I agree with TAYLOR above, return to stock and sell off the mods.

FWIW, I recently bought an '09 with barely 2K miles for $8200 (1-owner, seller from Sacramento) with the following mods: Yosh R-77 CF s/o, PC5, helibars, ZG screen, SUZ gel seat (plus all stock parts). Bike was listed in cyceltrader/CL for $8900 for several weeks. Seller was very eager to make a deal when I called: dropped price to $8500 right off the bat then we settled on $8200.

Best of luck.

Put it back to stock you will make out much better and sell it faster. Hell from the sounds of it you will be able to sell most of the parts here. BTW I'd be interested in the Helibars and maybe the braided lines if you put it back to stock. PM me.

have to sell my 09, your thoughts on best way. I "think" a good price is around 8500-9000 for bone stock," she only has 700 miles" I have put a bit of money into it
V&H Header $450
Yosh slip ons $450
Helibars $200
Speedo healer $100
Dunlop Q2's $350
Corbin Leather seat $300.
Steel braided lines $200
Varshra brake pads $150
fender eliminator $100
$2100 in all, so I was thinking around $10k would be fair, "1/2 off all the extras" but I am sure that will be a streatch, so should I just put it back to stock "sell for $8500" and sell the extra parts piece meal for half the cost and end up at the same $10000 price?
Looks like you spent more time modifying than you did riding.

you'll always end up better if you can put it back to stock and sell off the parts...

very few exceptions to that rule...

Yeah, sucks, but mods do not add value to a bike unless you find the right buyer! Most people will not pay for mods that others have done. They'd rather buy a new bike and start over!

It sucks but in the long run going back to stock as said is more then likely the best choice plus hey it looks like most your parts are already sold! :rofl: But if you do go this way and are going to part ways with the mods pm me about the header and slipons if interested

you are correct.

I know you guys are right, its just odd that knowbody would want to pay for over $2000 worth of extras for $1000.

Its the idea of customising...

Its not "their" bike, because your twists on everything are in place, and because of that, a lot of those parts end up getting removed as the new owner tweaks it to their taste...

I think maybe two parts from the original owner of my bike are on the bike anymore, everything else has been adjusted tweaked or changed to suit me..

Even the ultra customs suffer in resale because they are so customised...

heck, even a turbo kit will be lucky to get money back out of it..

After all, if your starting with a finished picasso, how can you paint your vision on the canvas?

depends on the buyer man, mods don't add much value to the bike, sucks i know.....especially if you go to a dealer. good luck with the sell. if you'd want to part with that seat just send me a pm.

I don't mean to threadjack but, how much of a 'rip off' do you think it would be to sell it to a dealer vs putting it up for sale online? I know they have to end up selling it so I would imagine they would want to buy it for pretty cheap. Anyone have experience with this?

I don't mean to threadjack but, how much of a 'rip off' do you think it would be to sell it to a dealer vs putting it up for sale online? I know they have to end up selling it so I would imagine they would want to buy it for pretty cheap. Anyone have experience with this?

dealer will put in on the floor for 10%

Check out NADA/KBB for a rough idea on difference between DEALER vs. PRIVATE PARTY deals.

P.S. I sold a bike directly to a dealer and willingly/knowingly got roughly $2K less vs selling it privately (I had to fly overseas for work and had zero time to wait for a PP sale).

TERYX,
Have you considered putting your bike up for consignment with a dealer? Your bike gets the showroom traffic of customers and the dealer can also help with financing. Also less hassle for you to schedule meets with potential buyers (not to mention its safer for you).

EDIT: just read your post above...sounds like you've looked into consignment already. My local dealers have a different set-up: we agree on a rock-bottom price I will take for the bike and the rest is up to them: advertising, financing, etc.

Check out NADA/KBB for a rough idea on difference between DEALER vs. PRIVATE PARTY deals.

P.S. I sold a bike directly to a dealer and willingly/knowingly got roughly $2K less vs selling it privately (I had to fly overseas for work and had zero time to wait for a PP sale).

TERYX,
Have you considered putting your bike up for consignment with a dealer? Your bike gets the showroom traffic of customers and the dealer can also help with financing. Also less hassle for you to schedule meets with potential buyers (not to mention its safer for you).

EDIT: just read your post above...sounds like you've looked into consignment already. My local dealers have a different set-up: we agree on a rock-bottom price I will take for the bike and the rest is up to them: advertising, financing, etc.

thing with consignment is, I would never want it back, every tom **** and henry and there kids sit on it and scratch them, anyway thats what I see at chapperell in san bernardino

thing with consignment is, I would never want it back, every tom **** and henry and their kids sit on it and scratch them

Over the years, I have sold at least 5 bikes via consignment. And in my case, the bike stays with the dealer until it is gone (so not worried at all with the bike getting banged up).

Best of luck with the sale. :beerchug:

Back