Any way to fake a new busa in a sale??

The dealer here does the same sometimes...they'll take one a bolt on a few extra such as exhaust, wheels, etc and sit on the floor for a few more $$$. If they sell it they do another a little different.

It would make me wonder a bit too in your situation, but if all else checks out like people have said...check grime, oil, radiator, etc I'd feel ok with getting it from the dealership.

I'd trust getting one from OUR local shop anyway~!~

Thanks for the reminder. I planned to check radiator. Good tip to look for debris deposited in fairings, also (I have found debris before in the fairings of bikes on showroom floors being sold as new, however -??). As far as gas and oil, I have no way of knowing since the bike has already been prepped. The font of the bike has no scratches and that is the first place I would expect to see them if it had been ridden.
if it already has 3 miles on it then it would already have gas in the tank right?? unless somebody pushed it 3 miles..dude i wouldn`t worry about it..if they clean it up and change everything to your satisfaction..enjoy the new b/o busa!! :beerchug:

One thing I would do is, If you don't like the fender thingy, I would get them to remove it. If they screw up the fender it'll be on them to replace it. Just a thought.

I was told by a Suzuki dealer, that Suzuki makes them put at least 3 miles on it before they can let the buyer take it home.
My first bike 2006 Katana 600, had 3 miles when I picked it up, and I knew it was brand new because I had to wait 2 weeks to get it in from the Suzuki warehouse. It wasn't off the showroom floor.

I don't know if Suzuki really "makes" them do this or not because my Busa had 0 miles on it when I picked it up.
But the guy that took it out of the crate was either incompetent, or over worked because he put it out on the floor for pick-up with out gas in it, and no battery...
He just drove it around the parking lot a couple times, then let me have it.
Make sure they let you have the hump/seat though.
My dealer was going to let me leave without my hump, I had to ask for it.

Bought the Katana and the Busa came from different dealers.

Here's a pic of my dash while I was waiting on the tech to fetch my battery.
medium.jpg

Last edited:
"Also saw a couple very small mars in the paint on exhaust and mirrors". did u have your microscope with ya!?..seriously

Like busawhipped said the dealerships often test ride the bikes before letting the customer take delivery. My 2007 had 3 miles on the Odometer and I bought it new off the floor. My 2009 had 2 miles on it after buying it new off the floor.

Also, when I bought my 2009 they had a 2008 black that was brand new. The dealer added a new shock, lowered it, stretched it with a chrome swing arm, and a bunch of other stuff. They wanted 20K for it so it was out of my price range even though it looked great. They said it was brand new though and had 0 miles on the odometer when I asked about it. That was the first time I saw a new bike all ready upgraded like that. Well first time it wasn't a Harley that is.

Here's a pic of my dash while I was waiting on the tech to fetch my battery.

Just out of curiosity how did you get a picture of your dash on without having a battery in the bike? ???

My dealerships both told me that it was a requirement to take the bikes on a road test to make sure they are functioning properly also. They didn't say if it was a set amount of miles though.

Just out of curiosity how did you get a picture of your dash on without having a battery in the bike? ???

My dealerships both told me that it was a requirement to take the bikes on a road test to make sure they are functioning properly also. They didn't say if it was a set amount of miles though.

hmm.. well now that I think about it, I don't know.
While I was dealing with the salesman and stuff, I just told my wife to take some pictures of it. The tech said it hadn't been taken out yet, so I told my wife to make sure to get one of the odo with no miles.
Never actually thought about that she wouldn't have been able to take it with out the battery. I guess she snuck it later at some point lol
well whatever :whistle:

The dealer here does the same sometimes...they'll take one a bolt on a few extra such as exhaust, wheels, etc and sit on the floor for a few more $$$.
I have seen the same thing here in Milwaukee. That probably explains the tiny pebble road debris I found on headers and in fairings of some bikes. They must take them for a test ride.

One thing I would do is, If you don't like the fender thingy, I would get them to remove it. If they screw up the fender it'll be on them to replace it. Just a thought.
That's my thinking, also. Same goes for the gas tank the guy promises to buff out. I would only do that by hand but if he feels comfortable using an orbital on it, have at 'er.

I was told by a Suzuki dealer, that Suzuki makes them put at least 3 miles on it before they can let the buyer take it home.

medium.jpg

That is what every dealer has told me around here and I have visited and talked to about all of them. They are not aloud to sell unprepped bikes or without a road test.

BTW, nice pic in your signature. That's the way my busa ought to look. (I can't believe they showed it to me with that awful pitchfork on the fender. Who does that to a bike??)

"Also saw a couple very small mars in the paint on exhaust and mirrors". did u have your microscope with ya!?..seriously

No, but I did bring a small flashlight to look for imperfections. :laugh: Turns out, I didn't even need it. I know I'm picky. If I felt like I raped the dealer on the price, I would have taken the bike as is.

yes the speedo can be altered run a car fax on it see if it's been titled. dealers have been known to sell bikes an cars take them back an then sell them again as new. And if it has sue you may get the bike for free:laugh:

THANK YOU 1166.

Simple and effective. I have heard of carfax but that never crossed my mind. I just googled carfax. Looks like a VIN is needed. Any other info required for the check?

I would be very skeptical. I would like to know what the ornament is hiding. Dealers are having a pretty tough time recently. Some dealers have sterling reps others could be pretty shady. I would not purchase unless you are completely satisfied. Almost 12 k while not a bad deal, I would expect the machine to be perfect.

Good luck

^^+1 The bike was not dropped because the other tell tale signs are not there. The front fender could be blemished. I don't think so, it just looks like they were setting it up as a show bike with the blinky lights in the fairing and such. I'll pop out for a visit tonight.

Never done a car fax I think a vid is all you need but I know someone that used it to bust a dealership on a new car sale... they had actually sold the car before an the person they sold it too had it registered an for what ever reason they took the car back afterward an then sold it as new again because the mileage was so low. If there is doubt just keep looking there are plenty of deals in this tough economy:thumbsup:

Good luck with your new purchase, but it's a shame you're hung up on the color. You can get a 09 model for less than what you paid for an 08 if you shop around.
For me, it's out of the crate with "ZERO" miles on the odo, no other options!

Jim's BUSA 007.jpg

Back