For those interested in the DME fender lowering brackets

sean06

Registered
I just got done installing these brackets which I bought because I went with a 120/60 tire. The problem with these are that as you lower the fender down on the bracket it pushes the fender forward. It has two settings, the first is 7/16" lower and the other is 3/4" lower. I first tried the 7/16" lower holes and the front of the fender still has a pretty big gap and the fender sticks out kind of like a buck tooth. Now the real prob is that the rear part of the fender is almost touching the tire but the front has a huge gap. So I ended up using the top fender bolts and rotated the fender forward and used the stock rear bolts which your not supposed to use. The fender is solid and looks much better this way. I taped a 10mm socket the the tire and it just clears the front of the fender. Its not perfect, but works. Heres some pics if your interested in how it looks.

good3-1.jpg

good4.jpg

good2-1.jpg

I just got done installing these brackets which I bought because I went with a 120/60 tire. The problem with these are that as you lower the fender down on the bracket it pushes the fender forward. It has two settings, the first is 7/16" lower and the other is 3/4" lower. I first tried the 7/16" lower holes and the front of the fender still has a pretty big gap and the fender sticks out kind of like a buck tooth. Now the real prob is that the rear part of the fender is almost touching the tire but the front has a huge gap. So I ended up using the top fender bolts and rotated the fender forward and used the stock rear bolts which your not supposed to use. The fender is solid and looks much better this way. I taped a 10mm socket the the tire and it just clears the front of the fender. Its not perfect, but works. Heres some pics if your interested in how it looks.

View attachment 1526210

View attachment 1526211

View attachment 1526212
so you stayed with the 7/16th hole?

Back