2011 Busa odo miles to km

Couger-Busa

Registered
Hi guys

I'm new to the community and need some serious help on a Busa that I bough on Saturday. I live in South Africa where we work in km and not miles, now my question is, how do you change the odo from reading miles to reading km. Its sitting on 8200miles at the moment, I know it has something to do with combining the two buttons on the dash but don't know if there is a specific combination that I need to put in or what.

The speedo reads great and it has mile and km on it, just need to get the odo right.

you can buy a speedo healer unit and program it to where it shows you kms instead of miles. Is just a small add-on box. I have one on my bike that is use to recalibrate the speedo when I do sprocket changes.

Thanks Mabupa.

Another thing, Does your Busa also get very hot? Went thru mine yesterday and it gets very hot wile idling, as soon as I give it some revs it drops to normal, I suppose the previous owner did not look after the mechanical side of the bike as there are a lot of things that I found not up to specs on the bike. The exhaust system still has the standard headers and cat but just after the left cat the exhaust was blanked off so now only the right hand side is working.

So don't know if other Busa riders also experience the high heat and high heat gauge temp.

Thanks Mabupa.

Another thing, Does your Busa also get very hot?

So don't know if other Busa riders also experience the high heat and high heat gauge temp.

These bikes need air movement. If it sits too long, it will start to overheat. Getting stuck in traffic on a hot day is not fun. It should cool down to normal operating temperature once you get moving again, though. If not, check your coolant and make sure the concentration (coolant-to-water ratio) is correct. You can use a coolant hydrometer from an auto parts supplier to test.

Thanks Mabupa.

Another thing, Does your Busa also get very hot? Went thru mine yesterday and it gets very hot wile idling, as soon as I give it some revs it drops to normal, I suppose the previous owner did not look after the mechanical side of the bike as there are a lot of things that I found not up to specs on the bike. The exhaust system still has the standard headers and cat but just after the left cat the exhaust was blanked off so now only the right hand side is working.

Depends what you call really hot. Mine puts out a lot of heat when the fans kick on in the Florida heat, but I’ve never seen my needle above the half way mark. I did have my ecu flashed and the fan setup to kick on at a lower temp than from the factory and also removed the OEM header because the catalytic converter on the OEM unit sits between you feet and coocks then in hot weather.

Thanks guys, I found the problem with the busa's heating, seems the previous owner didn't service it regularly, I found that the radiator reserve was empty and on inspection found that even the radiator was low on water, gave it some antifreeze and water wile pushing out the air by squeezing the water hoses, now the radiator is full and I went for a ride in very hot weather yesterday, the needle didn't even go past the half way mark, not even when it was Idling for 20min did the needle go past the half way mark.

Back