Any hope for new Busa from Suzuki ?

I'd sure like to know what the "mods" are. The dyno results you show for the 14 are almost identical to my 2011 zx14 (186/101) with "mods" -BMC filter, PCV, secondary throttle plates removed, Brock AH, custom tune by Mr. Turbo here in Houston. The day mine was done a friend of mine also had his 2012 14 tuned. He has a Brocks AH2 and a PCV. He did not remove the throttle plates and still has the factory filter. If I remember right his made 197/113 on 93 octane and took about 9 pulls to tune it. All the gen 2 Busas I've seen with the similar mods have made around 180-82, thats a 25-27 hp difference, that's where I get the "close to 30hp" from. That's just from my experience and what I've seen. You've obviously seen different. Guess the air in Ohio is more Busa friendly. I'll get him to find his dyno sheet so I can post it here. I'll see if I can find mine as well and post it even though mine was pretty average and nothing special for a bolt on gen 1 14.

Wait, my math is off, that makes a 15-17 hp difference. Yall are right. I geuss that is about a 15 hp difference...sorry guys.

There are a lot if discussions and different tests on dynos and the results are different... How much exactly more HP and tq who really knows... You can modify a 2nd gen. Busa with filter, full system and pc and good tune and it will be as powerful and as fast of ZX14r... The ZX14 has about 15pound weight disadvantage over busa and that could be a factor too..

on top of that it has tested that ZX14r with full exhaust system will not gain as much of HP than busa with the same mod because they way factory exhaust designed and breaths... So all it comes down to how much modifications you have done to your busa and it can be as fast as ZX14r ... And on top of that put a great rider on one and you will see the result...

they got to do something about pricing of these bikes in USA.. it is just getting way too expensive!

It seems that way, doesn't it? But calculate for inflation and the price is almost exactly the same as the early first gens.

The real issue is salary stagnation.

From what I understand, suzuki will come out with an all new design in 2014, the 15 yr anniversary of the busa. It will come with a 1500. The only change this yr are the brakes...basically, which brembo's are awesome and they should have done this yrs ago. The price is a bit more. I have a 2012 limited that i may sell and buy the new 2014 when it comes out.

From what I understand, suzuki will come out with an all new design in 2014, the 15 yr anniversary of the busa. It will come with a 1500. The only change this yr are the brakes...basically, which brembo's are awesome and they should have done this yrs ago. The price is a bit more. I have a 2012 limited that i may sell and buy the new 2014 when it comes out.

"from what I understand"?

That's a remark typically used by someone who has information from a source.Care to elaborate Sir????

my guess is nothing really new. Maybe it'll get abs eventually. I keep noticing more upright street bikes with smaller displacement. The 600cc and smaller are priced at the <=10k mark which seems to be a popular purchasing point. I think you'll eventually end up with the fun small displacement street riders, the almost 18k race replica, and then the earth smashing euro/italian bikes at 25k. You'll still have the cruisers and tourers. I think cruisers will begin a wider divide too with either smaller displacement or huge displacement.

I love my modded 04LE.....it looks and runs like new, and I have no plans of replacing it anytime soon. It does everything I need and plenty more :laugh:
I do also have a turbo 06 14 as well, but its really extreme overkill for the street, and in some ways I still prefer the busa :thumbsup:

As for seeing a new busa in the next few years, I kinda doubt it. Its too bad everybodies so wound up over hp numbers that you can't really even safely exploit on the street, because the busa is a great bike as-is :beerchug:

I can't see Suzuki spending a ton of money in R&D on a classification of bikes that are in a sales decline. Motorcycle sales overall are down, and sport bikes in particular are having a hard time due to the prices and associated costs of owning one, such as insurance. We are a large dealer and have been a top 100 dealer in the united states for 15 years, and last year I think we sold three or four ZX14's.

Brothers and sisters! Raydog the contrarian here......comparing and contrasting 14's and Busas is fun and interesting, but, why is there always this underlying theme....."Suzuki sucks, they're never going to release a new, smash everyone else, Hayabusa". Besides the obvious (freer intake, exhaust, mapping, etc.) there are SO MANY owner modifications both Gen I and Gen II pilots can do to dramatically improve/ increase performance (yes, including reliability and weight loss) that it's simply not accurate to state stuff like, "14's kick Busas butts", etc. In the twisties, on the road tracks, dragstrips, LSR, and even touring, Busa owners don't hunker down in a dark corner while Kawasaki owners shout from podiums while flashing their trophys, "we are superior, you are inferior and forgotten". My gawd, I have comfortably passed so many ZX-14's in the twisties, the real world on any warm weekend, BTW, that I just think this needs to be spoken to! Aftermarket AND personal riding skilz classes man, there's more fun on that path than lamenting how much rear wheel HP two bone stock superbike bikes make on a freeking roller dyno in some room! rant off....Doyle

I think people miss the real thing the Busa has going for it. It is the only hyper bike that is still a sport bike. Look at the seating position on the ZX-14 and K1300, those bikes are really fast touring bikes. The Hayabusa is a sport bike that tours. I think people will go for this if Suzuki upgrades the electronics, suspension and brakes to modern standards. And why not have a Hayabusa GSX1300ST touring version with factory bags, cruise, tall windsheild, bar risers and heated stuff?

based on what? ur wishful thinking?:whistle:

I think people miss the real thing the Busa has going for it. It is the only hyper bike that is still a sport bike. Look at the seating position on the ZX-14 and K1300, those bikes are really fast touring bikes. The Hayabusa is a sport bike that tours. I think people will go for this if Suzuki upgrades the electronics, suspension and brakes to modern standards. And why not have a Hayabusa GSX1300ST touring version with factory bags, cruise, tall windsheild, bar risers and heated stuff?

Very good point.
With low bars,a stretch to them and high(ish) pegs, the ergonomics are more akin to a sports bike than a tourer.

even if they change it i can't afford one and even if i could i would not buy one new.. they probably be around 16k by then ..:laugh:
they got to do something about pricing of these bikes in USA.. it is just getting way too expensive!

very true....

No one seems to want a new Busa, thats not progress. Give me all the HP you can, make it turn, make it stop. make it lite weight, make bright lites, launch control you bet, quick shifter , TC control...... Make it as cheap as you can, and much better than what I have, I,ll find a way to buy it, and I think most of you will to, after your done complaining.

No one seems to want a new Busa, thats not progress. Give me all the HP you can, make it turn, make it stop. make it lite weight, make bright lites, launch control you bet, quick shifter , TC control...... Make it as cheap as you can, and much better than what I have, I,ll find a way to buy it, and I think most of you will to, after your done complaining.

thats funny...and i have to agree with you..thats what it seems like... every one will demand the best and if they dont produces it then they are an Inferior company that must be punished and delt with sternly..then if it does come with all the bells and Whistles qs,tc,abs,lc and so on ((witch means sh!t to me)) then every one will ***** about the price..

With the current world economy, and the emerging countries looking for affordable, economical bikes, the days of continuing advancements on high powered, high priced machines like the busa may be fading. The U.S. was one of the bigger markets for bikes like the busa and 14.......now that we're struggling to pay the new, much higher pricetags, along with the rest of the world, I think the other bike makers might start following honda's lead and focus more on affordable, economical bikes like the honda NX700. Honda's already said they're going to focus more on that market, because basically thats where the money is.

I think the busa, 14 and bikes like them are going to become much more "niche" bikes.....with less rapid tech advances to keep the prices semi-reasonable.

I think the days of cheap, two-wheeled excesses in hp are pretty much over.
It sure was fun while it lasted tho :laugh: :thumbsup: :beerchug:

On a side note the biggest selling bike segment in the industry currently is the dual-sport......they say its because they're cheaper to buy, more economical to operate and maintain, and more versatile.

Back