Any hope for new Busa from Suzuki ?

With the current world economy, and the emerging countries looking for affordable, economical bikes, the days of continuing advancements on high powered, high priced machines like the busa may be fading. The U.S. was one of the bigger markets for bikes like the busa and 14.......now that we're struggling to pay the new, much higher pricetags, along with the rest of the world, I think the other bike makers might start following honda's lead and focus more on affordable, economical bikes like the honda NX700. Honda's already said they're going to focus more on that market, because basically thats where the money is.

I think the busa, 14 and bikes like them are going to become much more "niche" bikes.....with less rapid tech advances to keep the prices semi-reasonable.

I think the days of cheap, two-wheeled excesses in hp are pretty much over.
It sure was fun while it lasted tho :laugh: :thumbsup: :beerchug:

On a side note the biggest selling bike segment in the industry currently is the dual-sport......they say its because they're cheaper to buy, more economical to operate and maintain, and more versatile.

As much as I don't wish this to be true, It's what I notice too. :banghead::thumbsup::laugh:

I don't know. I'm happy with the one I have. Its an 05 but still kicks ass. Clear title so I can upgrade as much as I want without fear of damaging the warranty. Sure, I wouldn't mind HAVING a new one, but my budget doesn't have room for it. Food for thought; other than drag racers, who cares about the other 15 HP from Kawi? That spaceship is ugly as hell anyway. Just saying

I got mine, love it and will keep it forever! Doesn't matter how fast it is, what kind of gadgets it has.....It's a Hayabusa and will always be LEGEND!!!!! The ZX-14 will always be an also ran!

Look at it this way

Hayabusa = 68 Corvette L88

ZX-14 = Delorean

The beauty of the Busa goes way past a good overall design. This iconic motorcycle has become an industry in and around itself and has considerable market share. IMHO... Next to Harleys this bike has more extremely modded specimens than any other bike I know of in recent years. The 14 had some momentum in the market but is really just a flagship bike to show the world Kawasaki can build its own version of a Busa. I remember when I bought my 01 back in 08 and how a was a little bit intimidated by it. About 2 hard launches later that mythical intimidation fear had all but dissapated and I was looking forward to the back tire getting close to replacement time... so I could fry it one last time ! For all that 15 hp and 20 lbs can do ZX-14 style it is pale in comparision to what the well sorted out busa has been doing for years. Not many of us ride at the limit anyway and those that do are taking chances with eternity. To each his own though... ride safe and spread the power across the tarmac as you reel in another off brand bike that desparately wants to stay in the lead. My pretty much stock 05 is all I want for now. I am happy with it because its stil more motorcycle than I am a rider. I am just starting to get the rust off now and look forward to warmer weather and roads gaining more stickiness with the heat.

The beauty of the Busa goes way past a good overall design. This iconic motorcycle has become an industry in and around itself and has considerable market share. IMHO... Next to Harleys this bike has more extremely modded specimens than any other bike I know of in recent years. The 14 had some momentum in the market but is really just a flagship bike to show the world Kawasaki can build its own version of a Busa. I remember when I bought my 01 back in 08 and how a was a little bit intimidated by it. About 2 hard launches later that mythical intimidation fear had all but dissapated and I was looking forward to the back tire getting close to replacement time... so I could fry it one last time ! For all that 15 hp and 20 lbs can do ZX-14 style it is pale in comparision to what the well sorted out busa has been doing for years. Not many of us ride at the limit anyway and those that do are taking chances with eternity. To each his own though... ride safe and spread the power across the tarmac as you reel in another off brand bike that desparately wants to stay in the lead. My pretty much stock 05 is all I want for now. I am happy with it because its stil more motorcycle than I am a rider. I am just starting to get the rust off now and look forward to warmer weather and roads gaining more stickiness with the heat.

Plenty of great riding in your neck of the woods!

Back