Any hope for new Busa from Suzuki ?

BusaFlash

Registered
There are very few Busas available at the dealers. Is there any hope that Suzuki will come out with a competitor for the ZX14R or have they conceded to a far more powerful and faster stock bike ?

Zuki is so confident in the Busa, they up graded the stopping power in 2013.

OP Maybe

From a marketing point, wouldn't it be smart to develop something which competes with the Concours, BMW1600 and launch a Liter bike which wipes out the competition? Then say goodbye to the Busa?

From a marketing point, wouldn't it be smart to develop something which competes with the Concours, BMW1600 and launch a Liter bike which wipes out the competition? Then say goodbye to the Busa?

I think Zuke should make something like a touring model Busa, or a "transformer".

I wish someone knew the answer to this question. Really are they smart for selling a proven platform and a great price point? Have they foresaken the speed challenge all together? Will we see Suzuki make an effort in Moto GP? Are hyperbikes and race replicas even selling that well worldwide? Are they going to update the Busa or just throw down and develop a whole new platform?

Who knows the answer?

I wish someone knew the answer to this question. Really are they smart for selling a proven platform and a great price point? Have they foresaken the speed challenge all together? Will we see Suzuki make an effort in Moto GP? Are hyperbikes and race replicas even selling that well worldwide? Are they going to update the Busa or just throw down and develop a whole new platform?

Who knows the answer?

You have entered the twilight zone :laugh:

Suzuki has said they're returning to MotoGP in 2013 or 2014 (can't remember which one), and I'm guessing that Kawasaki has been testing the waters with Tom Sykes, who narrowly missed the WSBK Championship this past year to Max Biaggi on the Aprilia.

even if they change it i can't afford one and even if i could i would not buy one new.. they probably be around 16k by then ..:laugh:
they got to do something about pricing of these bikes in USA.. it is just getting way too expensive!

I think Zuke should make something like a touring model Busa, or a "transformer".

I would love to see this as well. Factory hard luggage bags, factory optioned helibars, adjustable footpegs and adjustable height windscreen would be a nice start!!!

IDK? The Hayabusas have and still are a great bike :whistle: Maybe not on par with a ZX-14 but honestly most of the street riders Ive met on 600's dont ride them to their full potential let alone a busa. A ZX14 has 15 more HP.............ok well unless your dragging against one on a strip it really isnt gonna make much of a difference....... There is always gonna be somebody better than you and always gonna be someone faster than you no matter what your riding on. I would love to see a Gen 3 just like the rest of you but Ive had my busa for a few years now and I'm still tricking it out and trying to improve my riding capabilities on it and I dont see an end in sight anytime soon

I still wanna know where everybody's getting this 15hp difference from ??? Stock vs stock it's closer to 30...but who leaves anything stock :laugh:

I still wanna know where everybody's getting this 15hp difference from ??? Stock vs stock it's closer to 30...but who leaves anything stock :laugh:

I wanna know where you're getting your 30hp difference from? Here's 2 bikes, mod for mod are exactly the same between them. Both bikes same dyno, both bikes same weather conditions. I know both of these bikes very well because I'm the one who sold the parts for them. I have plenty of other GenII bikes vs. 2012 ZX-14 I can show you if you want.

2008 Suzuki Hayabusa 174.71whp
2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R 186.26whp

BUSAVSZX14.jpg

Last edited:
Back