Another zx14 ecu unleashed thread!

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Donating Member
Registered
Another 2012 ZX14 with an Ecu Unleashed tune file flash and NO powercommander . . . :laugh:

ZX14REVISITED.jpg

She's a beast fo sho! Won't be buying one anytime soon though...:whistle:

Daddy likes his "pearl"

I actually rode a friends 12' 14R not long ago. Nice bike, I like mine better.

take stock busa and make it a nice 1441 and don't squeeze it tight make same power and ride away with money to race.. :laugh:

take stock busa and make it a nice 1441 and don't squeeze it tight make same power and ride away with money to race.. :laugh:

Actually, you can pretty easily take a Gen 1 and make it 1397 and roll out with around 220 rwhp and 120 ft lbs of torque. In order to level the playing field, you can't compare apples to oranges. Hopefully Suzuki will step up with a 1500cc monster . . .:whistle:

Goldenchild made my 1397 put oput those numbers . Haven't dynoed with the NOS yet . Zuk needs to come out with a 1500 but I don't believe they will anytime soon . So kawi bring it on , I'm ready now !

Actually, you can pretty easily take a Gen 1 and make it 1397 and roll out with around 220 rwhp and 120 ft lbs of torque. In order to level the playing field, you can't compare apples to oranges.

Hopefully Suzuki will step up with a 1500cc monster . . .:whistle:

I thought they would have made it for 2012. 'm gonna go ahead and say it we not gonna get it. I'm a realist. The power market vs sales market, suzuki will take say sales market anyday over the power one...Sorry to say it. You take the busa and make it a power monster, your gonna have to change the asthetics of the bike. your sport touring market is way bigger than racing market, who you gonna build a bike to appeal too??

I thought they would have made it for 2012. 'm gonna go ahead and say it we not gonna get it. I'm a realist. The power market vs sales market, suzuki will take say sales market anyday over the power one...Sorry to say it. You take the busa and make it a power monster, your gonna have to change the asthetics of the bike. your sport touring market is way bigger than racing market, who you gonna build a bike to appeal too??

Suzuki can easily make the engine bigger and more powerful in the same frame and bodywork and still make it the horsepower king. It is our choice whether to tour with it, drag race it, or take it to land speed events. A new Hayabusa with class-leading horsepower will appeal to everyone and will sell. That said, you will still have customers buying 250 Ninjas . . . but to be "king of the hill" is what they have to do to stay alive.

The advent of this new ZX14 has injected excitement into the open-class field and Kawasaki has obviously decided that the Busa has been king long enough, and thrown down the gauntlet. I'm not so sure about Yamaha, but I fully expect Honda and Suzuki to respond with new superbikes of their own. If it does not happen, then the parade of customers who have been coming through my door looking for bigger motors and turbos and nitrous will continue, and we will keep building what customer's want - the most powerful bike out there. That is the appeal, that is the attraction. It is what keeps our business alive and going strong!:cheerleader:

So Frank since the Kawi is 1441cc I think right? How much power would my GenII make if made into same cc a 1441? And would it be every bit as reliable and streetable as it is now? Do bored out Busas last 50-100k miles?

I'm also curious about just porting and polishing the head? What kind on hp numbers do you if you ever have done it pick up on a genII from doing this?

Or I guess maybe even the combo of the two for the most possible hp?

So Frank since the Kawi is 1441cc I think right? How much power would my GenII make if made into same cc a 1441? And would it be every bit as reliable and streetable as it is now? Do bored out Busas last 50-100k miles?

I'm also curious about just porting and polishing the head? What kind on hp numbers do you if you ever have done it pick up on a genII from doing this?

Or I guess maybe even the combo of the two for the most possible hp?

Believe it or not, the Gen 2 is capable of making 220 rwhp with a ported head and cam combination and STOCK pistons . . . as a 1441 it would depend again on the head and cams, but 230+ would not be an issue at all. This is actually what annoys me about Suzuki - many, many independent shops have been doing this for a very long time. It is not secret, and it is not difficult to do. The Busa engine - Gen 1 and Gen 2 - has great potential and IMHO, is still the best platform out there, bar none.

Frank, what can your Unleashed software do for a 14R in stock form? Even with stock exhaust.

I did 430 miles on the new 14R this afternoon, and will be doing over 600 more in the morning with no comfort mods. I would've come home sore and tired if this had been on the Busa, but no more. This thing is a blast, especially on high mileage days. I really hope Suzuki comes back to the market with the next big thing, but for now this bike is where it's at.

If you've ridden a Concours 14, you'll immediately be familiar with the 14R. It's just as smooth and almost as comfortable, but with way more power.

I keep thinking a Gen II Busa built in to a snail-powered LSR monster would look great parked beside my 14R. Maybe one of these days... :whistle:

Frank, what can your Unleashed software do for a 14R in stock form? Even with stock exhaust.

The Ecu Unleashed tune file for the new ZX14 will totally derestrict the bike - top speed limiter would be removed, timing retard in the lower gears removed, a more aggressive ignition map across the board, on/off deceleration mapping altered, injector phasing altered, injector "shut down" removed, and the rev limiter raised to 11,500-where the bike is still making power. These are just a few of the things that are done. The result will be more horsepower and a much more responsive bike that will go over 195 mph with stock gearing. As powerful as this bike is in stock form, with this ecu mapping done, the bike becomes an animal . . . and you would definately be looking into a better rear tire, since this thing has a tendency to either spin the tire or wheelie like a beast . . .:whistle:

Back