Zx14 unleashed!!

Lee, just to clarify, you had no kind of fuel management when you ran your bike to 8.52 ?

Also do you ride on the street or all track miles?

Looking at getting the alien head 2 for my 14r, but kind of waiting to see what all comes out.

ChattanoogaKawi is writing check to Powerhouse as we speak...

Lee, just to clarify, you had no kind of fuel management when you ran your bike to 8.52 ?

Also do you ride on the street or all track miles?

Looking at getting the alien head 2 for my 14r, but kind of waiting to see what all comes out.
The 8.52 was run without a PC ( NO fuel tuning of any type )and using 89 pump gas .. At that time i was using Brocks alien head 2 proto type pipe .. I now have the production alien head 2 pipe on the bike and ran the same 8.52s .. Brock tells me that the CT, alien head and short street smeg all make the same HP on the dyno ..The alien head and street smeg being the cheapest price of the 3 pipes .. Hope that helps ..
I have not put many miles on the street because i have been in the hospital but i have rode it on the street before i got sick .. Once i get better i do plan to drive it more on the street .. :beerchug:

Yes, a stock 2012 ZX14 with a Brock CT Full Exhaust and the latest Ecu Unleashed Tune file . . . .:cheerleader:
Very nice Frank. If you could straighten out 7500 to 8500 range it would be a nice curve. But all the Busa's have there flat spots to.

Chuck

Those numbers make me very happy, Frank. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

ChattanoogaKawi is writing check to Powerhouse as we speak...

Not this guy... :laugh:

I would like to have the top speed restriction taken off at some point, but that's all the performance work I care to have done. All I've done so far is a Tiger Racing fender eliminator and the Ventura rack. I'm still a little unsure about the lack of a steering stabilizer on this thing. It may get a GPR, but I want to put some more miles on before I decide.

ZX-14R Ventura Edited.jpg

ZX-14R Ventura Edited-2.jpg

I have put over 1,000 street miles on my 14R, the same one that was used for the dyno sheet and ECUnleashed testing. It feels civilized on the street until you twist the throttle.... then you run out of road awfully quickly. Power wheelies 1st-3rd with a 215lb rider, scary that a production bike with stock motor has this much power.

Very nice Frank. If you could straighten out 7500 to 8500 range it would be a nice curve. But all the Busa's have there flat spots to.

Chuck

As you can readily see, the new curves "mirror" the old ones, as they often do when you are correcting fueling. Hp and torque on normally-aspirated bikes are always "bell" curves, and their shape is associated more often with the layout of the engine: cams, cam timing, intake-tract shapes and valve sizing, and largely, exhaust. Unless there is a dip in the fuel curve - which in this case, there is not - you cannot change the aspect of a hp or torque curve just by changing the AFR. And as for it having a flat spot - this bike is a monster everywhere and shows absolutely no hint of an issue anywhere in the powerband.

Last edited:
Frank I'm curious. The second graph you show you said stock Unflashed ecu and show only a 8hp gain. Was this one with the stock exhaust as well or with the brocks pipe but before the flash?
Just curious if it made the 200 stock or not? Either way they are impressive.

Frank I'm curious. The second graph you show you said stock Unflashed ecu and show only a 8hp gain. Was this one with the stock exhaust as well or with the brocks pipe but before the flash?
Just curious if it made the 200 stock or not? Either way they are impressive.

BBB. I guess I should have clarified that a bit. The second chart is also with the Brock pipe, but stock ecu. We were very surprised initially that this bike would make 200 rear wheel (on pump gas!) with just a pipe, and no fuel map whatsoever. I can tell you that the stock AFR with Brock's CT pipe was all over the place - from a high of about 14:1 to deep into the 12s . . . it was almost like this bike didn't care. We knew we had room and all of this time we have been working on de-restricting this bike's ecu . . . finalizing the AFR was the icing on the cake and I fully expected to make some gains.

I sat on the 14R and it was too sport bikey in position for me. Is there any way to raise the handlebars 4 inches straight up and 2 inches towards the rider? That would equal my BKing and then I'd be all comfy. I'm waiting for ABS on the 14 too.

Spkrdctr said:
I sat on the 14R and it was too sport bikey in position for me. Is there any way to raise the handlebars 4 inches straight up and 2 inches towards the rider? That would equal my BKing and then I'd be all comfy. I'm waiting for ABS on the 14 too.

http://www.helibars.com/product/zx14-tour-performance-handlebar-risers-06-09

I think that may be as close as you'll get without going to conventional bars.

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

Out of curiosity, just what is the reflash changing besides raising the rev limiter? Since it doesn't affect fueling there's only ignition timing and STP opening(which shouldn't have any effect up high providing they are opening fully from the factory).

As you can readily see, the new curves "mirror" the old ones, as they often do when you are correcting fueling. Hp and torque on normally-aspirated bikes are always "bell" curves, and their shape is associated more often with the layout of the engine: cams, cam timing, intake-tract shapes and valve sizing, and largely, exhaust. Unless there is a dip in the fuel curve - which in this case, there is not - you cannot change the aspect of a hp or torque curve just by changing the AFR. And as for it having a flat spot - this bike is a monster everywhere and shows absolutely no hint of an issue anywhere in the powerband.
Frank
Your first chart shows a drop in the 7500 to 8500 range just as your other ones. This a very powerful bike as i can tell by the ramp up in the chart versus the busa. The Bell, Curves, Cams, Valves, Timing, Exhaust AFR i know nothing about. I just thought a dyno chart showed you were a loss of HP is and were you could gain a little or a whole lot. Now i have to go tell all my Top Fuel buddys that sit and look at these charts as to what to look for. :laugh:

Back