Another option to speed up the board

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys,
Since we have been having increased number of folks on the board at one time I'm sure that you have noticed a little latency when loading messages. We have the option to turn the pictures off so that you have to click on a link to see the pic. For all of those folks that check on the site and are just looking at the last reply it would probably save a ton of bandwidth.. Whaddya fellas think? Do we mess with it and make it almost text based with smileys and you have to click on the image to see it OR leave it as is...

CAP

How 'bout a trial run, Cappy? Give it about a week or so and see how it works out?

OK changes are made lets see what happens, here is an example of what the links look like.

CAp

56Chev1.jpg

Being on DSL I rather the pictures load like normal. It's more work this way.
blush.gif

I would'nt mind following the link Cap, either way works for me. Thanks Cap
beerchug.gif

I understand the idea behind it but I personnaly don't care for it. But if this is what needs to happen to make things easier for you cap then
thumbs-up.gif

Captain... I am on dial up, but i still prefer the images to load by themselves!
biggrin.gif

Just my thought...

Personal preference is to have the pics load automatically, but if it helps speed the sight or helps dial-up folks then I'm for it.

Will this be for attached images only, or also include the embedded images?

If it's all images, this will put a damper on being able use images within the body of the text. All the little GIF files that people use to enhance their posts will now become clickable links.

I'm not sure what the problem is with the speed. I haven't notice anything, and thought it was running fine.
cool.gif

Cap, I am on 56k on the other side of the earth, and it doesn't seem that slow to me. I personally prefer it where the pics load automatically, but if we need it to run faster, I understand. Thanks for the great site!

-Bill

Well.....if you want to really know. For the first time I would say no to this one. I like not having to click. Call me a lazy bastid I guess.

Greetings Cap.

Linky OK with me!! Clicky Clicky no problem!!

Another good point about attachment of pics, you can upload at full size and the viewer can see at full size. On Caps 56 ad the words can actually be read at the larger size. That would not be the case if pics embedded in post. Just a thought.
smile.gif

Back